PDA

View Full Version : can a baby seat be fitted on recaro seats

vwnige
12-07-2007, 12:41 PM
i sold my mk4 golf anniversary a couple of years ago and to tell you the truth i really miss it.my wife was pregnant at the time so we needed 4 doors and a bigger boot.
our little boy is a bit older now so i would like to buy another one,i have been told that you cannot fit a baby seat onto recaros.is this correct.
many thanks to anybody who can help.

Eshrules
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
i sold my mk4 golf anniversary a couple of years ago and to tell you the truth i really miss it.my wife was pregnant at the time so we needed 4 doors and a bigger boot.
our little boy is a bit older now so i would like to buy another one,i have been told that you cannot fit a baby seat onto recaros.is this correct.
many thanks to anybody who can help.

i can only presume you mean fitting it to the back? if so, the back seats remain unchanged, the fronts are the seats which undergo a transformation for the recaro trim.

i'd usually advise against a front seat child seat anyway, due to airbags and belts, back seat mounted are usually better.and i cant see you having any troubles with one of those?:beerchug:

kesselrun
12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
My golf mk4 has the leather trim (not recaro) so if what eshrules is saying fits into your plans (ie, rear fitted baby seat on leather) you shouldn't have any problems as I've just done exactly that.

Our baby seat (britax) came with two plastic guides which you put throught the seat first to guide the fixing clamps for the isofix bracket.

Saves your leather getting scraped but be careful not to pinch any bits of the leather when finally fitting the seat into place.

Hope this helps.:D

vwnige
12-07-2007, 05:53 PM
the recaro seat on the anniversary are cloth,i always put a thin mat underneath the seat to protect it.
the seat will be going in the back, i am not sure about the isofix thingy i will find out whether these were fitted to the anni or not.