PDA

View Full Version : Black edition delivered

Brumtown
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I ordered a black edition from Coventry Audi. When i first saw it was so annoyed it was like it was on stilts. I never knew there were 2 suspension drops and would have ordered the s line suspension if I had known. The sports sat too high and ruined the look of the car. The sales man never mentioned it and refused to acknowledge it as an issue. Having had Merc and BMW has to be the worst service of the three. After a while it has bedded down a little but still does not look as good as others I have seen.

Also he did not know that there were different wheel options with no charge on the black edition. Luckily I was browsing the brochure and spotted this.

Very disappointed with the service and lack of knowledge of the sales man.

Cobstar
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Still a very good looking car me. Much prefer the black grill surround etc. Sorry niggles with the sales experience have taken the shine off your new car for you. It is frustrating - I had a Golf GTI I ordered brand new where the poor sales experience spoilt things. Hopefully driving and owning will improve the experience with your lovely A4.

So what engine does it have?

I learnt a long time ago to do my research before buying and pick the brains of those more knowledgeable than your average salesperson so that you know what you want when you arrive. It's quite funny to find you know about the car than the person selling it at the main dealer. Most knowledgeable salesman I found at a main agent was a local Scooby dealer. That said the buying experience with the used Audi that joined our fleet last week was excellent - and the person selling had a good knowledge of the car.

Brumtown
12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
2.0 tdi 143. Your right should have done more research. Bought it within an hour of visiting the showroom and optioning it up. Traded it in for a 60 plate c class sport which spent more time in the workshop than I did driving it. Was frustrated with the Merc so you could say it was an impulse buy.

Overall better than the c class, but sits too high for me.

legendamongus
12-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Cracking car - I've got a Black Edition myself at the moment with the standard alloys on it and really don't like them. Getting a new one in the next couple of weeks with the optional ones on it so was great to see the photo of your car. Cracking piece of kit.

My salesman was a complete tool as well. Got most of my order wrong, thought it was a 'Special Edition' and didn't know what most of the buttons did. Could have ended up worse for me though, ended up getting his manager to get me in a new one:biglaugh:

eno394
13-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Had to push my dealer just to order the extra drop and he seemed dead against it. Won't drive properly blah, blah, blah. My money, my call!! Better ride then my old B7. Sorry to hear you've been let down. Saying that my servicing hasn't left me with the best of experiences either!!!!

hibbsy21
13-06-2011, 08:42 AM
slam it down on coil overs! lol

Brumtown
13-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Looked into getting it lowered, but decided against it just yet. Cars too new, and under warranty so will just live with it. Anyone looking to get one I would recommend the s line suspension. The drive on the 20mm is firm and not the best over bumps.

SunnyBard
13-06-2011, 03:46 PM
The drive on the 20mm is firm and not the best over bumps.

I'd agree it's not so good when the road isn't good, a lot of it's in the tyres I reckon, I did run for a week or so with about 4psi lower on the fronts and it made a difference, but decided I'd best go back to spec pressure.

Sorry you're not pleased with your new toy, stick some bigger photos up if you get the chance ...

Brumtown
13-06-2011, 10:02 PM
New pics added.

SunnyBard
13-06-2011, 10:10 PM
New pics added.

Mean looking front-end :cool: the white tax disc holder ought to go though ...

magician
20-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Looks awesome!!
I have ALWAYS loved the look of the uberness of the black optic pack.........HOWEVER my current 2.7 sline avant is a real good looking beast, 19 rs black chrome alloys, tints, But still wanted that elusive all black look and to get the black optic pack retro fitted....well don'y even go there as it is next to impossible. But tomorrow it is booked in the have ALL the chrome wrapped in 3m heave duty matt black...SO EXCITED and even now when I see a audi with optic pack in my rear mirror, especially the B8 avant and always get a tingle.....BRING IT ON, even having the audi circle front and rear black!!!! (In light that I can have then circle back to chrome if I think it is a little too much)

legendamongus
20-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Those new photos have got me seriously excited, picking up mine today and can't wait because yours looks so fantastic!
I've probably said it before, but cracking car mate!

nawaid
20-06-2011, 05:53 PM
mines has got the s line sports suspension and boy what a difference it looks compared to yours

hibbsy21
20-06-2011, 05:53 PM
mines has got the s line sports suspension and boy what a difference it looks compared to yours

corrr, talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!

Brumtown
21-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Now its settled not an issue for me. Overall a good car.

nawaid
21-06-2011, 06:11 PM
True, best stick to a safe colour,not everyone can pull of White ;-)

SunnyBard
23-06-2011, 03:24 AM
it is booked in the have ALL the chrome wrapped in 3m heave duty matt black...

Come on then ... piccies ....

nawaid
23-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Mate
All done??I wana see it how much.Audi said if i wanted to black out my window edge trims I would need to replace the two little pieces of glass at the rear doors

SINGHY
25-06-2011, 08:49 PM
A very impressive looking car, see what you mean about lowering the suspension though, looks like you could have a take that concert in the wheel arch gap - nah it looks the business and in any case the ride would be much firmer..