PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else got a provisional build of Week 26 or soon after?

JonMarsh
09-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I’ve been following this forum since I first started the order process at the beginning of October last year. I’m beginning to feel a bit lonely now since it’s recently gone awfully quiet after the flurry of activity on this forum at the beginning of the year and most people seem to have got their cars.

Before I get onto my specific question, I just like to offer the following thought. There are many emotional models linked to events such as bereavement and job loss (for which there are normally five stages). However (and apologies in advance since I don’t mean to trivialise such events), but I do think ordering a CC is worthy of its own model:

Elation – That (after weeks of studying the brochures over-and-over again and considering all the options) you’ve finally ordered your dream car with all the goodies you wanted.
Anticipation – You just can’t wait to get behind the wheel of your new car. You look enviously at all the new CC’s you see on the road. You also point them out to your partner at every opportunity (and if you’re lucky you can shout “that’s the colour we’re getting”)
Denial – When you realise that you’re going to wait a wee bit longer than you had originally been told but “don’t worry, we’ll call you back in a couple of days and give you an update”
Anger – That those @$#&! have got no idea what the @$#&! they’re doing. That’s the tenth @$#&! excuse they’ve come up with and the fifth time they’ve told you that your order is now being given priority!
Acceptance – That there is absolutely nothing you can do. Chill out… Relax… It’ll all come good… And the wait’s definitely going to be worth it… (At least that’s what that nice young lady in the white coat keeps telling you.)

I’m well into the Acceptance Stage but I’m not yet giving up the will to live. I have now been told that the provisional build date is week 26 (week beginning 27th June) and that it’s not changed from that date for some time. They also told me that last week they received confirmed build dates for other cars for weeks 24 and 25 – so I should get my confirmed build date shortly (Yippee! - Oops, sorry nurse. - Yes I know it’ll be bad for me if I raise my expectations.)

So cutting to the chase – and to the title of this post – is there anybody else out there who’s got a provisional build of week 26 and perhaps we can keep track of our progress? (And it’s also part of my therapy to share.) And, if anybody’s got a provisional build later than week 26 and if they get their confirmed build date before I get mine then I’d also like to know – I will congratulate them and will be in a happy place knowing that they are happy. I won’t begrudge them and will not revert to the Anger Stage… I will not… No no, definitively will not…

matt2e
16-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Jon,

Yep I'm a week 26 build as well. Put my order in on March 9th and heard on Monday this week that it's week 26 so am pleased that it should be built at the end of this month.

Delivery dates have been many and varied, August and September included.

Build dates were very hard to get hold of but I received the following from the Leasing company on Monday which explains why things have been vague:-

On 15th April we had an unconfirmed build date of week 22. On 6th May the build date had moved to unconfirmed week 24, so at this point the factory had not given the build a slot. On 3rd June the build date had moved again to week 26 but still unconfirmed. We only had a confirmed build date by the factory on 10th June for week 26.

So that's where I am ... a Candy White GT 170 Manual with RNS510 and reversing camera should now be with me at the end of July/beginning of August ... providing the reversing camera can be sourced in time.

Matt.

JonMarsh
16-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Good news here too. I've just received confirmation from my lease company that build week confirmed. They're stating an expected delivery of 22nd July - we live in hope!

matt2e
16-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I haven't had a confirmed delivery date, just basing my assumption on the 3-5 week gap which SEEMS to be the norm between Build and Delivery.

22nd would be great because I'm on leave from around that date and head down to Kent for a week's R&R on the 30th - would be great to take the new motor!!!!.

Good luck with yours....

Matt.

Pirate983
24-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi there. I ordered a Passat CC GT 2.0 on 31/01/2011 and had it delivered yesterday! Well worth the wait and a fantastic car. Got it in Deep Black. Anyway my Dad has ordered one too and has a build date of week 26 and expecting it sometime near the end July 2011. Happy days!

[Edit] - Oh, by the way. My lease company shows on it's site that the Passat and pretty much all other VWs have long lead times due to DSG and DAB radio issues. So if you're ordering with either of these options then you might be in for a wait. Don't shoot the messenger guys - just letting you know what my lease company was saying.

matt2e
24-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi there. I ordered a Passat CC GT 2.0 on 31/01/2011 and had it delivered yesterday! Well worth the wait and a fantastic car. Got it in Deep Black. Anyway my Dad has ordered one too and has a build date of week 26 and expecting it sometime near the end July 2011. Happy days!

[Edit] - Oh, by the way. My lease company shows on it's site that the Passat and pretty much all other VWs have long lead times due to DSG and DAB radio issues. So if you're ordering with either of these options then you might be in for a wait. Don't shoot the messenger guys - just letting you know what my lease company was saying.

Fortunately a manual transmission and crystal radio set for me ... which can only be good news then.

Pirate983
24-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Nice one. Hope you get yours soon. I am well pleased with mine. Heads turning when I drive down the road.

JonMarsh
25-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh, by the way. My lease company shows on it's site that the Passat and pretty much all other VWs have long lead times due to DSG and DAB radio issues. So if you're ordering with either of these options then you might be in for a wait. Don't shoot the messenger guys - just letting you know what my lease company was saying.

DSG tick, DAB tick (d'oh). I'll be checking with the Dealer next week since that's when it should be going to build. Let's hope there's no further delays.

matt2e
26-06-2011, 12:36 AM
There is some discussion in various portals that the reversing camera has been causing some delivery issues too ..... have not had any feedback from anyone that my camera is going to be missing - anyone heard anything else?

Matt.

matt2e
30-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi JonMarsh,

Have you heard anything else yet? Complete silence from my Fleet Manager, Lease Company and dealer (Who I still don't know).... only tomorrow left and week 26 is complete!

Biting nails!

JonMarsh
30-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm planning on ringing the dealer tomorrow PM. I'll let you know.

JonMarsh
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Spoke with the dealer earlier today and....

... wait for it, wait for it...

(... drum roll please...)

:arms: :banana: IT'S BUILT! :fest30: :wiggle:

...and in the process of being shipped - should be with them next week. So I should be driving it the week after next!:drive:

Hope you soon get some good news too Matt!

(Now, knowing my luck, there's probably going to be unseasonable gales over the next week (good old climate change). So, where do I find the shipping forecast? And which areas do I look for - Fritzroy or German Blight?)

matt2e
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Based on VW performance to date its the forecast for the Cape of Good Hope you'll be needing.

Excellent news though. Any idea how long the dealer will have it for prep?

I'm just going to pretend I've been told the same thing (though I haven't because I have a useless fleet manager and/or a useless leasing company who cannot be ar$ed to let me know.....)

Have a great weekend ... be a bit exciting for you now.

BTW I believe the ships they use are called Main Highway, Isar Highway and the Schelde Highway ... based on other posts.

JonMarsh
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Any idea how long the dealer will have it for prep?

They reckon a max of three days

It's a shame you don't know the name of your dealer. I'm also through a lease but I contact the dealer directly for updates.

matt2e
02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
They reckon a max of three days

It's a shame you don't know the name of your dealer. I'm also through a lease but I contact the dealer directly for updates.

The issue is really the Fleet Manager ... SHE just stops you getting past her and talking directly to the lease company ... so access to the dealer is impossible. She just isn't interested in cars and so doesn't get my interest in knowing what's going on. Unfortunately looking after our cars is not her main job.

Mutter mutter mutter.

Matt.

JonMarsh
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Just heard that it's arrived in the UK. Should find out tomorrow when it can be delivered!

matt2e
04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
MY Fleet manager sent me the following this morning.....

"The car is ready to be shipped, still looking at August delivery."

I despair ... I really do! :¬(

matt2e
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Extra bit of news is that the dealer (whoever it is) has stated that my rear-view camera has been fitted in spite of some of the concerns that have been going around the VW portals. That said the camera is no longer available as an option on the UK VW on-line configuration tool???? Perhaps I got one of the last ones?

JonMarsh
07-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Car got from port to dealer OK and I've just arranged for delivery next Thursday.

Matt, hope you hear soon - hopefully your's it at the dealers now. If your fleet manager's saying it's still looking like August delivery you'd better keep an eye out on what she's driving over the next few weeks - she might just be test driving a brand new CC!

matt2e
07-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Car got from port to dealer OK and I've just arranged for delivery next Thursday.

Congratulations JonMarsh, I hope you'll both be very happy :p

Matt, hope you hear soon - hopefully your's it at the dealers now.

I hope so .... that would be great. Bit sad that I have to infer what is going on by reading what you, and a couple of chaps on another portal, are doing because I am kept out of the loop. :banghead:

If your fleet manager's saying it's still looking like August delivery you'd better keep an eye out on what she's driving over the next few weeks - she might just be test driving a brand new CC!

Hmmm ... good point.

She's actually OK .... it's just her SOP is a bit odd :dunno:

matt2e
08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I've probably been a bad boy .... I saw our Fleet Manager was away on leave today and next week so rang the Lease company, (still saying August delivery) who gave me the Dealer's name and phone number and reference for the order ... I now know the car is expected at the dealer in North London, end of NEXT week, it will be prepped in 4 days so should get it by the middle of the following week. Seriously wondering if my car was actually built week 27 but nobody told anyone. Otherwise they must be transferring it from Grimsby to London by Royal Mail (second class post obviously)

Still 2 sub-5 minute calls and I have more detail than I've had for 3 months.

Just goes to show dunnit?

Cheers.

Matt.

JonMarsh
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Doesn't sound like you've too long to wait now. At least you can now keep in contact with the dealer directly.

matt2e
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Doesn't sound like you've too long to wait now. At least you can now keep in contact with the dealer directly.

'xactly, relief for sure! :D:D

JonMarsh
13-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Any news Matt? Delivery's still on for tomorrow for mine. Hope you hear soon if you haven't got a date yet.

matt2e
13-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Gonna call them tomorrow ... the Salesman said delivery to THEM end of this week, available for me 4 days later. Still have to tie the Lease company down as to when they will transport it to me.

Have a great time tomorrow and hope everything is as you expect.

Cheers.

Matt.

JonMarsh
14-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Got it delivered this afternoon and have just had one ride in it. Impressed so far. Will report my first impressions on the "Was it worth the wait" thread this weekend

Although a couple immediate things related to the RNS315 are that my Nokia phone works through the MFD and steering wheel controls (with full contact list shown in the MFD) - this appears contrary to what other threads have said and ..

The Nav appears to accept a full postcode (albiet without the option of putting in a street no) - I will test this on my commute tomorrow.

matt2e
14-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Well done JonMarsh ... so the system can work.

I got some good news :biggthump ..... Apparently my CC arrived earlier than expected (Mon or Tues) so is actually ready to be transferred by the lease company to me .... delivery date has to be arranged through the Fleet Manager :1zhelp: who is on leave until Monday :aargh4: so I guess it will still be next week ..... nearly there though! :D

Whoopsidoo!

Matt.

matt2e
15-07-2011, 04:06 PM
New boot to the groin today .... they want me to run the pool car out to the end of it's lease before I get my new motor.

The car is ready to go but I'm not going to get it until August 17th ..... I am so pi55ed off:zx11::zx11::zx11:

Won't even get the new reg will I .... Lose lose lose.

I'll cheer up by tomorrow but fed up in a big way at the moment.

Bugger bugger bugger.

JonMarsh
15-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Bad luck Matt. Where are they going to keep your new car in the meantime. I hope they don't put it where you can see it - that'll really rub salt into the wounds!

matt2e
16-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Being kept at the Dealers apparently .... I hope they tuck it in at night.

How's yours - still enjoying it or fed up with it now? :biglaugh:

matt2e
15-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Two more sleeps now....... roll on Wednesday 17th!

Unless it changes again?

Matt.

matt2e
16-08-2011, 01:45 PM
All confirmed for tomorrow (Wednesday 17th) :biglaugh:

Just need to get to the office tomorrow and I can say goodbye to the Jag FOREVER.... :aargh4:

CC yum yum!

Matt.

matt2e
17-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Got it .... it's good!

matt2e
17-08-2011, 07:31 PM
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr231/matt2e37/Baby.jpg

Phone picture, in pouring rain .... will do better at the weekend. :Blush2:

Brilliant driving it home this evening :biglaugh: