PDA

View Full Version : front fog lights on new passat

arctic blue
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
ordered new passat, SE spec, as a lastminute afterthought i fancied ffront fogs. dealer says too late to put on as order is complete. no probs i accept that. just wondered how much of a job is it to buy and fit them after purchase. am told its a big job, relays, switches ,connections etc. in the 'old' days it was simple. surley the wires are dormant in the loom at back of dash, and round car down to where spots fit. i seem to remeber stray wires going nowhere on other cars ive had. look forward too repies many thanks a.b.

jc2402
15-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey Dude,I thought that the S E spec had front fogs as standard,i questioned my dealer when i bought my se & was told they were standard.
for what its worth maybe mine need adjusting but they"re useless m8,apart from looking good you can barely see them from the car...
Having said that if you"re adament i would have thought it was a straightforeward job of picking up the wires off the loom.....
loads of info on this sight as well,its just a case of finding it!!!..

arctic blue
16-07-2007, 11:22 PM
thanks for reply, not standard i was told. also after a bit of thought, i agree with you, and a lot of cars you see with these on are way out out of alignment which leads me to believe that they are susceptable to low level knocks, and so prone to damage. i think i'll have a set of 4 cibie's on a bar across the front instead, paddy hopkirk mkii,lol