PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh...BUM!

LimEs
11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Six months ago I landed on the lid of my 147, it was six months old and very few miles on the clock.

In may i finally took delivery of its replacement, a new Golf GT TSI.
I have had it two months and it has 1200 miles on the clock.

Today...ON THE SAME ROAD...this;

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/photopost/data/500/GTSmash.jpg

Rear ended. Lovely.
The road I live on is national speed limit but it really needs to be 40.
Still in one piece though.
Wonder what pile of carp the hire company will give me.
I'll have to drive the new tractor mower into town now.
A vTwin Countrax with 20hp and a top speed of 7mph!

Ben
11-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry about you accident. It looks like it stood up quite well. Any airbags deploy?

Any chance of a close up pic of what lies behind the bumper?:Blush:

At least its not your fault. is it?

hope your not with out it for too long

LimEs
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks,
I'll get some close ups in the morning if i have time.
Although myself and the other party decided it was a mutual accident, the road traffic act says it was my fault as i was going from a minor to a major and he was on a major...still think he was going too fast though.

No airbags deployed...none on the other guys either and he hit me head on.
But then again the ones on my alfa didn't go until i was upside down in mid air.

Ben
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
surely they hit you so its their fault.

You must be a very kind and forgiving chap. ;)

MalcQV
11-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks,
I'll get some close ups in the morning if i have time.
Although myself and the other party decided it was a mutual accident, the road traffic act says it was my fault as i was going from a minor to a major and he was on a major...still think he was going too fast though.

No airbags deployed...none on the other guys either and he hit me head on.
But then again the ones on my alfa didn't go until i was upside down in mid air.

Confused :confused:
If you was going from minor to major and the third party was on major then was the third party coming towards you? If so how is the rear damaged?

A rear end accident is surely the car behind at fault?

Also not sure why it was your fault going from minor to major :confused:

Sam
12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Ouch!

Which road was this on, I know Ashford quite well.

Good luck on getting it sorted out too.

prolfe
12-07-2007, 06:05 PM
it doesn't matter if you thought you were right or wrong, it's up to your insurance company to fight your case. And as it was you that got hit in the rear, it is the other guys fault.

Even if you've admitted partial blame, it will still probably go in your favour.

LimEs
12-07-2007, 11:16 PM
mycar - it was Faversham Road at the top of Charing hill, and the 147 went upside down on the same road past the wagon and horses.

As for the rear corner;

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/photopost/data/500/Crash.jpg

I saw the third party whilst midway through pulling out in position one, then not wanting to get hit broad side I managed to put my foot down and turn it slightly into position two, which meant he only got the rear driver side corner.

As for the major minor bit, it was my own Insurer who told me that the RTA was written so that blame can be easily decided in the case of no breaches of the law.
Whilst I am sure the driver was going too fast for the road, he was still under the 60 limit. Time to speak to the highways agency.

And forgiving? I even leant him my space saver so he could limp home!

I am now driving a Vauxhall Meriva hire car, if it means that I have to drive one of these, I don't want kids.

MalcQV
13-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Makes sense now :(. Good luck with it :beerchug: