PDA

View Full Version : ZF gearbox woes

Willy337
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi

Had a 2000 Audi S8 now since selling my scoob. Absolutely loving it although the Mrs thinks it's an old mans car, what does she know.

My gearbox has recently started bad whine, jumping revs, not changing so need to get it recon'ed.

I've already spoken with the lads at a8parts but they don't have any in matching my gearbox code (EBG can't remember the exact ZF code). I've had a quote from a place in Huddersfield wanting £1860 +Vat so wanting to know if anybody can recommend anyone that can recon and refit for a better price.

Thanks

Willy337.

Crasher
05-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I would get a ZF recon exchange unit; the boxes on these are always playing up. £1900 is too cheap though if that is fitted.

Willy337
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey Crasher,

Thanks for replying. The Company in Leeds was recommended by a garage i do some work for, think he tried to get me a better price as they use them for all of their gearbox issues. I've seen a couple of posts on an A8 forum about this place and they gave it the thumbs up. They give a 12 months warranty too.

Just wondering if you can recommend getting a recon'ed exchanged unit and possibly getting the gearbox place to remove and refit new one? What do you think?

Cheers

Willy337

Crasher
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
When I do them I order them from ZF UK who just happen to be two miles away from me.