PDA

View Full Version : Sharan air con help needed

christoff1604
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi, my air con seems to have developed some sort of fault, when the cooler is off the engine speed is normal but when I turn on the cooler (auto) the engine speed pulses at about 3 to 4 second intervals even on idle could the compressor be pulling the idle speed down this way or could it be something else, it was re-gassed about 3 weeks ago and worked ok when tested but this is a new fault, I know the cooler does drag the engine power slightly but I thought this was a constant drag and not a pulsing drag, it is very noticable at all speeds and I have to turn off the air con to stop it, please help.:(

a8 tech
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds like the compressor or line pressure causing the compressor to kick in and out,return to workshop as there is a possibility to much gas was put in as there are two amounts as duel zone climate control uses nearly twice the amount of gas to single zone.Also the compressor on shazzers were and are a ford unit and very prone to failure and condensors blocking with swarf from the compressor.

christoff1604
11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, I think mine is dual climate cos there are five air vents in the roof lining in the back does that mean I have two comprossors ?

a8 tech
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
No only one but you do have two evaporators.One in the front heater box and one in the passenger side rear box

christoff1604
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks for that info, I will get it to the garage soon as the climate control display has started flashing for about 20 seconds now....

a8 tech
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
That is indicating a fault is stored in climate control fault memory and will aid the workshop with there diagnosis,i will also say the evaporator in the front heater box is prone to leaking at the end caps of the unit so it is worth considering if you have a leak in the system.

christoff1604
15-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Sorry for the delay, hospital trip, Thanks for your help got to get my sharan into dealer to sort it out, think i will take a chair with me for the bill!!:beerchug:

cbrpaul
18-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Sorry for the delay, hospital trip, Thanks for your help got to get my sharan into dealer to sort it out, think i will take a chair with me for the bill!!:beerchug:

if you went to a VW dealer , make that an arm chair :D

:biglaugh: