PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Book - RNS315

D4D
04-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi,
Just another quick one, does anyone know how to list the telephone book entrys first name - last name as opposed to last name - first name ?

Passat Sport
23-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi,
Just another quick one, does anyone know how to list the telephone book entrys first name - last name as opposed to last name - first name ?
There's a reference on another forum about swapping the Bluetooth adapter into a Golf, using the MFD to change the option then replacing it in the Passat.

ian-f
20-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi, same problem on mine! the manual say's you can but you can't!

I simply changed my phone lisiting to have all the names listed in one field a bit annoying, but it works both on the phone and car.

I suspect this all down to the fact that the bluetooth is disabled on the MFD on the Sport with the RNS315 radio, which uses bluetooth on the radio...? Which is why the tyre pressure monitor also doesn't work, as the tyre senders use bluetooth!! any comments anyone?

jonokimber
28-07-2011, 10:22 PM
I have a 2011 Passat Estate Sport with stock wheels. I have the continuously monitored tyre pressures that show in the MFD. I have bluetooth phone on the RNS315 that works well, despite not being able to swap names over. My manual talks about voice control for the phone, but that doesnt work, anyone else have this working?

JonMarsh
29-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Likewise - voice not working but phone book integrated into MFD (RNS 315 on a Passat CC). I have a Nokia 3109c and I'm only guessing (I'm not particularly techie in relation to mobiles!) but could it be that voice control will only work if the phone itself supports voice control - can anybody confirm this?

ian-f
29-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I've four phones (2x Nokia, Samsung, I-phione) - all with voice control that works on everything other than the car.

The Fingers
29-07-2011, 09:33 AM
My Mobile is pretty much a car phone most of the time so in my blackberry i have altered the names so first is in last and last is in first. ( if that makes sense)

Car fooled!!!! Bingo

D4D
19-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Right, had a bit of a fiddle and come up with a workaround similar to Fingers above.

Instead of reversing the names, i.e: last as first, first as last, I set the the last name as the full name eg:First name blank - Last name "Jenson Button" I prefer this way because I can still search the phone on the first name, so if I search for "jens" it wil pull up "Jenson Button" as opposed to having to search for "Button" guess I'm a first name kind of guy :)

I also found out that if you put a symbol, I used "-" with a space, so it looks like "- Jenson Button" the car lists these at the top of the phone book, kind of like a favourites list :)

The Fingers
19-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I have just swapped from a bb 9780 to an iPhone 4 and when connecting to car I had a play with the settings menu on car there is an option in the Bluetooth menus to swap from last first to first last.

Incidentally I have another issue now I can get iPhone tom-tom to play navi sounds when phone is connected when I turn Bluetooth off it plays over phone speaker. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirate983
31-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Guys, I took delivery on 23/6/11 of Passat CC GT with RNS315 and guess what? Yep, the steering controls don't function with the phone when connected via Bluetooth, neither does it appear anywhere in the MFD. **Now here's the interesting bit**. My Dad took delivery of his identical Passatt CC GT to mine end July 2011 and guess what? Yep - his phone can be operated on the steering wheel and it appears in the MFD!!! Went to VW dealer today to be looked at and it has them foxed. Nobody knew what was wrong and why my Dads worked and mine doesn't. There was no additional option for a more premium Bluetooth phone kit on the cars when we ordered. Have the car booked back with VW in couple of weeks so a more 'techie' person can look at it. I am not holding my breath with this. Can anyone confirm if the CC GT with RNS315 should function with the steering wheel and appear in the MFD? Mine doesn't but my Dads does - strange:confused:

Pirate983
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Well Scooby-Doo answered my problem in another post. VW have recently updated the system for RNS315 for Sat Nav and Phone in May/June 2011. Ny build was just before this so I missed out on the new module. My Dads was built June so he ahs the new module. VW can update for £150 but not worth it.