PDA

View Full Version : Audi S5 keeps warping brake discs every 3 months!!!

adrianp
31-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I have a 2007 Audi S5 and have to change the brake discs on the front of the car due to them warping. I dont drive the erratically Like Audi said but for whatever reason I have to change them every 3 months and its getting expensive. my last discs only done 1500 miles. its the same evertime, when I get new ones they are great for about a week or two then the steering wheel starts to shudder, not the brake pedal, this progressively gets worse till you change them

Audi Garage said they have looked at the calipers and they are not binding on therefore its my driving style, and I screamed but its an S5 surely it can withstand heavy braking if I ever had to which with this set I havent.

Anybody have any ideas?

STEWY L
31-05-2011, 07:12 PM
i would suggest that the faces of the hubs that the discs contact be checked.
if the hub faces are out of true, then the discs will follow their shape when everything is tightened up,
regards,
stewy.

scotty33
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Also consider this scenario?:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

adrianp
10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, Dundee Audi have told me on 3 occasions that my discs are warped and been charged £450.00 to change the discs and pads. Im starting to think the pads and discs cant handle the weight of the car.

I have also found now its actually intermittant, it can vibrate badly and if I take my foot off and hit the brake again it doesnt vibrate the second time. I have been told that it is my aggressive driving that is causing the the discs to warp. My wife drives my son to nursery and back in the morning and afternoon thats it. I coming to the end of my tether with Audi, Im taking it to another Audi garage on Monday for a second opinion and funny enough the guy at the other audi centre is querying whether the hubs were cleaned when putting the new discs on.

BenC30
30-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Your wheel faces are not flat

scotty33
31-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I would get your wishbone/track control arm bushes checked out, if the discs are badly warped it would shudder every time