PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting ?

Rick 63
28-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi

I am considering having the windows in the back half of the car tinted,but not 100%
sure yet. One of the drop lights has a few scratches in the corner which I believe could stand out,also not sure it would suit my car colour.
Pic just to give an idea of it's colour "Stonehenge Grey" according to VW,all opinions welcome.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92/rwarwick713/Car3.jpg

Rick

Jimmy B
14-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I think it would look good, if you have children then it helps with sun glare too, rather than having a blind. I have a passat estate in silver on an 03 and I think a very light smoked tint would look good on your colour and silver.
Some estate passats had a kind of dark green rear window tint which i think is from factory, that looks good too! either way go for a very light tint.

rob_comber18
17-07-2011, 03:54 PM
i have a passat cc and had the windows tinted as part of the deal buying it. I love them, got the heat insulating tint and it works so well. Was at goodwood FoS and got back to the car it was nowhere near hot inside, was just a little warm. Glare is reduced considerably for night driving and for the little one in the back too which is better for us all.