PDA

View Full Version : Golf Match & iPhone 4

BusbyIoM
27-05-2011, 12:40 AM
I have just purchased a new Golf Match and I have an iPhone 4. The iPhone connects fine via bluetooth but there is a problem with the interface connection.

When I connect my iPhone I get an error message on the phone screen telling me its not compatible. However, the phone works in that I can control it from the car controls. Everything works fine until I turn the ignition off after which I lose wired connectivity with the phone.

If I then unplug, then plug the phone in again, it works again until I remove the keys again.

The dealer tells me its a known problem, but its a brand new car and the phone is less than 6 months old and has all the latest updates..

Any suggestions please?

Guest 2
27-05-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't know about Golfs but are you referring to the USB connection?

If you are, iPhones dont support charging from some sources which is probably the error message you're getting.

What is the message it's giving?

BusbyIoM
27-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Its the proper connection for an iPhone which was supplied with the car - I think its called an MDI cable..

I have been lookibg around and I'm going to try updating the firmware on the head unit today to see if it makes any difference.. The message is something like 'The accessory your using is not compatible'

BusbyIoM
27-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Hmm yes, I have to agree - but I have an internet radio station and the iPhone lets me do things I can't do on other phones - so I have to put up with it :)

Sulphur-Man
03-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I get the same "Your Volkswagen is not good enough for this iPhone and never will be" message. The interface needs to be compatible with older iPods so it's not an issue. However the need to re-insert the interface connection after turning off the ignition is a pain. I think the problem there may stem from the fact that the voltage remains regardless of ignition status. The pay off is that you can leave your iPhone charging when you're not in the car but to be honest it's a bit messy. Let's hope VW catch on and re-write the driver.

BusbyIoM
03-06-2011, 01:23 AM
I get the same "Your Volkswagen is not good enough for this iPhone and never will be" message. The interface needs to be compatible with older iPods so it's not an issue. However the need to re-insert the interface connection after turning off the ignition is a pain. I think the problem there may stem from the fact that the voltage remains regardless of ignition status. The pay off is that you can leave your iPhone charging when you're not in the car but to be honest it's a bit messy. Let's hope VW catch on and re-write the driver.

Yes, its not as if the car or the iPhone 4 are only just out!

There must be thousands of users out there with the same problem..