PDA

View Full Version : Touran 2.0 DSG - remap results

ExpertTuning
24-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I thought members with a Touran may be interested in the feedback I just got from a forum member that had one of our 'offer' remaps two weeks ago. Although the test drive went well he wanted to do some thorough testing before giving full feedback. This is his email to me.

Hello Paul,

I've now had the opportunity to drive the car in all conditions and my comment is quite simply that I wish that I had decided to do the remap about five years ago. It is all advantages and zero disadvantages. Excellent and many thanks from me.

In detail, the car is a 2004 VW Touran 2 litre DSG that I have had since new; it now uses 10% less fuel for example:

- It averaged 45mpg on a 160 mile journey around 70mph on the M6...previously 41mpg.

- It will average around 49mpg driving around the IoM...previously 44mpg.

Up one long hill in the IoM, I could never reach 100mph before braking. Now it is passes 100mph around 250 yards before the braking point and it was 108mph before braking......and I reckon that I could improve this figure with another try.

So, very definitely, a win-win situation.

Many thanks - a 100% recommendation from me......and I should have done it years ago!!

Best regards,