PDA

View Full Version : media/bluetooth

richard t
21-05-2011, 07:38 AM
very annoying..... when i have my i-phone playing music either via bluetooth or connected direct in the glove box and i turn the engine off, when i restart i have to mess about starting from scratch setting up the i-phone or unplugging it from the media lead, and reconnecting it.
any idea's..

D4D
22-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Richard, only been in a loaner for a couple of days, I use my iPhone in the glove box and it picks up where you left off. I think it might be an iPhone issue, my sons iPod wouldn't play/display the contents properly until I updated the firmware through iTunes. Can you get hold of another iPhone to try ?

jkpaul
29-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi,
having had my new B7 Passat for only a week now, I'm struggling with the Bluetooth connection for my mobile. I have the HTC Desire Android phone and for some reason things seem to work and then after a call it seems to lose all functionality.
I'm just trying to find out whether anyone has experience of getting the VW system to work with this (kind of) phone?
Thanks,
Paul

stuk100
29-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Hello JK

I had my Passat delivered this week, and have had a similar issue with a HTC touch pro2.

To be honest, I knew it would be a problem as it doesn't work properly with my wifes Ford bluetooth system either. Internet research shoes that HTC phones generally have issues with integrated car bluetooth systems.

Problems range from either not being able to access the phone book to things just hanging up, or in the case of the passat, not being able to connect at all.

I switched back to an old Nokia and it works perfectly.

Needless to say my next phone will not be a HTC.

jonokimber
28-07-2011, 11:06 PM
sorry this seems to be a late reply but i have a new 2011 passat estate sport with RNS 315. I also have an HTC Desire (sim free) with 815 contacts and it is the best bluetooth connection i have ever known and boy have i tried a few over the years!

Call waiting works well, recent lists upload well, call handover when getting in and out of the car works well and it has never failed me. Have you kept up to date with your Desire firmware? ARe you running the latest version as it may well have fixes for the bugs you are perhaps seeing?

The Fingers
29-07-2011, 09:30 AM
The HTC thing should be sorted with a firmware update as mentioned above, My middle daughter has a HTC wildfire S and out of the box it would't sync up but after firmware update it is all working (phone, contacts and blueteeth audio).

The newer bluetooth also works fine with iphone 3gs and ipone 4 so long as you are uptodate firmware wise.

richard t
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
just got a cheap i-pod and now i leave it in the glove box works fine. not sure if it been constantly chargeing will do it any good.

jonokimber
11-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I suppose the only thing it could harm is the battery you don't need that do you?!

Passat Sport
28-08-2011, 07:40 AM
just got a cheap i-pod and now i leave it in the glove box works fine. not sure if it been constantly chargeing will do it any good.
I think that the power cuts when the ignition or radio is off. I use a 16GB USB flash memory stick. Cost me £11 incl postage and works absolutely fine. Very slight lag when indexing at top level, barely noticeable.

D4D
29-08-2011, 01:54 AM
I no longer use my iphone in the glove box, If i want to listen to the iphone music I stream through the bluetooth. Instead I have fitted an 70gb 2.5" hdd in a USB enclosure into the glove box "holder" and put all my music on there :D Because its less than 80gb no extra power is needed, it runs off the usb port.

No discernible lag to talk of, v.pleased