PDA

View Full Version : 2005 A6 Ignition barrel

Izzy
19-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I have had my 2005 A6 2.0 TDI Avant for comming up to 2 years and must say it's been the most expensive car I've ever owned. It came with a full service history and I have maintained it religiously only to have the rear wash wipe fail (replaced and it still has an intermitent fault) the oil pump to explode (yes its the BLB prefix engine), and now the dam thing has thrown up a ignition barrel fault. I have asked Liverpool Audi if they could supply a barrel to match my key, to which I received a negative answer, but I'm sure this must be possible, can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any guidance.:zx11:

dlever
13-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi Izzy

send me your details and i will have a look at this for you

Dave

gulamc
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
accident a5 will not start or crank

hi all,

my audi was in an acident front end, all airbags replaced, airbag ecu reset, battery terminal block new one bought, but the vehicle 2.7tdi auto, gear in park but the car does not crank for any ignition to start. Checked all fuses.

as such i cannot connect any vagcom, is there any idea what could be problem as I am stuck, car locked in park, cannot move it or do anything?I have a feeling it could be ignition barrel any ideas how I could get a new one programmed a cannot even plug diagnostics to it.

advice appreciated

gulam