PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel the engine on idle?

tadziak
18-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi,
I have a quick question. How do your cars behave when you are idling (for example waiting at the traffic lights). Can you her the engine and feel slight vibration (for example on the gearbox stick, steering wheel, door handles) or is it totally smooth and quiet?

Thanks in advance for feedback :)

Pixiedemon
18-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Hi,
I have a quick question. How do your cars behave when you are idling (for example waiting at the traffic lights). Can you her the engine and feel slight vibration (for example on the gearbox stick, steering wheel, door handles) or is it totally smooth and quiet?

Thanks in advance for feedback :)

I've never yet driven a car that you can't hear and feel idling. My CC is only completely silent when the bluemotion turns the engine off. The CC is quieter than my old B6 Passat if that helps.

tadziak
19-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I've never yet driven a car that you can't hear and feel idling. My CC is only completely silent when the bluemotion turns the engine off. The CC is quieter than my old B6 Passat if that helps.

I was just wondering because I drove recently for example Mondeo (TDI) and Skoda Superb (TDI) and in both it seemed like it vibrates a bit less, but maybe that was just an impression. Mondeo has really soft steering wheel which sort of compensates some vibrations and bumps on the road ;)