PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Blower burning out fuses!

morrison1
18-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi

Okay, i've suffered with this problem all winter.

At first the heater stopped working, and would only work on full power. I changed the resistor and then it started blowing fuses, and still only works on full power (for about 20mins before fuse blows).

After biting the bullet, I have taken it to VW to repair. First they said all it needed was a new resister pack, replaced, heated stopped working on the way home. VW then said it must be the motor, also replaced, yes you guessed, stopped working on the way home.

It now looks like there is a short circuit somewhere, and VW are saying it could take a good while to find it, and at £45 an hour, i'm at a loss. Needless to say, I just left it.

Anyone any ideas where in the electrics the issue could be?
I had issues earlier on last year, when the bulb holder in my headlamp melted.:confused:

Crasher
18-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Which year and engine code Golf Plus?

morrison1
18-05-2011, 08:30 PM
its a 2005 (05) Golf Plus, 1.9 TDI

Crasher
18-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Check the air intake grill under the plenum chamber cover for debris such as leaves and paper. Check the internal cabin filter to make sure it is not blocked. If there was a short, usually the fuse would blow immediately but I would use a multimeter across the fuse position to measure the current draw and then measure the current drain at the blower to see if they were the same. There are numerous devices powered from fuse 33 on the under dash side fuse box such as the auxiliary heater (if fitted), air conditioning system compressor regulating valve, centre vent temperature sender, high pressure sender, air conditioning system control unit, air recirculation flap control motor potentiometer, air recirculation flap control motor, footwell vent temperature sender, evaporator out-flow temperature sender, temperature flap control motor potentiometer and temperature flap control motor