PDA

View Full Version : Clutch for 2.0TDI

gungho
10-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Got a 54 plate 2.0TDi and I'm starting to experience clutch shudder.

I spoke to Audi and they want £800 to replace more if flywheel needs doing, (they did say that they might change under warranty but highly unlikely and they have to take to bits to check whether it needs replacing)

The question is.....is the clutch on the 1.9TDi 130 the same as in the 2.0 becuase can't find a 2.0 clutch kit anywhere, I have a friend who is a mechanic and will fit clutch for me (he's good and I do trust him)

If I let Audi at it and they want full whack for clutch it would be cheaper to get it done myself even if they open her up they'll want cost for that and it means I get a car with no clutch in.

The clutch is not very bad, however I don't want to lose flywheel and gearbox if I just let it go

Gungho

MarkBS
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi, some of the early 2.0TDI's had a faulty flywheel that needed recalling/replacing. I have a 55 plate 2.0TDi and when purchased I asked them about it. They stated that my VIN no was not on the list of recalls.
I would check with the dealership who sold you the car....or contact Audi head office and give them the VIN. If it comes in the recall list then it will be free.
Mark

gungho
09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Mark

thanks for reply, I have since posting my thread learnt about the flywheel, or dual mass flywheel to be precise.

But thanks for prompt about checking the VIN number will give it a go as warranty runs out in Jan

Gungho

ChillOut
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
VAG clutches are Cr@p these days I am afraid.

My 54 plate Passat 1.9TDI has a new clutch and flywheel at 40K and at 54K the replacement is going the same way. Starts with a little judder and gets worse and worse.

Its the achillees heel of VAG and very annoying.