PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 1.9 tdie 09plate, servicing

Rob.Fearnett
16-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I have a A3 sportback, 1.9tdie, 09plate, just done 60,000miles.
Can anyone advise the complete service schedule for this car please?
Its currently set to variable servicing as I do 'long' miles. It took me over 45k to use a set of tyres and my brake pads are still fine as an indication.
When should I have the timing belt changed?
What recommendations are there for oil?
Thanks in advance.

alankru
18-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Audi's website (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/maintaining-your-audi/regular-maintenance.html#) says 5 years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first for the cambelt.
The oil that is used for Variable servicing is 'longlife' oil. I have a feeling that the same longlife oil is also used for the fixed servicing as well, due to the diesel particulate filter.

Rob.Fearnett
18-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank you kind sir.
I'd guessed the long life oil thing, though there do appear to be a few variations of spec.
As for the 75,000miles, that suits me.
So, my 60,000 service is straight forwards this time.

alankru
18-05-2011, 07:29 PM
From what I've read, the oil is VW 507 00 standard. I found this helpful PDF: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/content/owners/Longlife_servicing.pdf
along with this one from Erwin, the official Audi site for vehicle information:
https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/audi/files/lubricant/6_2_schmierstoffkonzept-en.pdf
(and it says there that the same VW 507 00 spec oil is used regardless of servicing schedule if you have DPF)
That's the oil that I purchased from a VW dealer and it was VW 507 00 SAE 5W-30, but if I remember right, the oil that the Audi dealer was going to sell me was VW 507 00 SAE 5W-35 which I didn't understand how that could be...

I'm afraid that I can't remember what the mileages are for when the various filters need changing, but it should be in your service book.

Rob.Fearnett
20-05-2011, 08:54 AM
As the prices are pretty reasonable, I've decided to go mad and replace air, oil, fuel, and pollen filters, and of course, the oil. The oil matches the 507 spec so all good there.
I have no idea if I have a DPF or not but suffice to say I've never yet had any warning lights on regarding it if I have. Not sure on the capacity of the oil but I'll work that out as I go.
Apart from a general check round all the joints, boots, bushes etc. I think I've got it covered and she will be good for another few 000s yet.
I have a local garage who will do the diagnostics check and also reset the oil/service indicators, all for a nominal fee.
Have I missed anything obvious (or even not obvious) ?
PS, thanks for the input so far from alankru.

alankru
20-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I have no idea if I have a DPF or not but suffice to say I've never yet had any warning lights on regarding it if I have. Not sure on the capacity of the oil but I'll work that out as I go.
I would have thought that you had a DPF as you have quite a new car and I thought that most new cars had a DPF for their emissions. I believe that it is ticked at the front of your service book if you have one, where the dealership that delivered the car puts their stamp. I have a 1.9TDI '55 and it doesn't.
My car required 3.8litres of oil according to the dealer's invoice. Not being technical, I couldn't say about actually doing the service I'm afraid!