PDA

View Full Version : Replace Reversing Light on Sharan

ndeakin
10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi,
Having damaged the reversing light on my 2004 VW Sharan. (I reversed into a tree). This means replacing the whole light unit.

Does anyone know how to remove the boot door interior panel to gain access to the light unit?

Any advice about how to replace the light unit?

Thanks very much for any help.

Neil.

ndeakin
12-07-2007, 08:20 PM
OK, I have now done the job. Here's how to replace the Reversing Light Unit or the Fog Light Unit:

The Reversing Light Unit and the Fog Light Unit are contained in the boot lid of the VW Sharan. To get at these units you have to take out the boot/door panel by removing two screws located within the light access panels. Also unscrew the grab handle. The panel now pulls off.

You then have to unscrew 11 nuts within the door, remove the registration plate and the two reg plate lights. The entire external plastic panel can then be removed. Each Light Unit can then be removed from this panel by unscrewing two bolts per unit.

The hardest part of the re-assembly is replacing the boot/door panel. You need two extra people to guide the panel into place and push the panel into it's clips.

Someone, somewhere might find this useful I guess.

Neil.