PDA

View Full Version : Hi all.Frustrated coupe owner here.

guy m
09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
:newbie: Hello to everybody out there in VWAUDI world.

I thought it was about time I joined an Audi forum as over the last 2 years I've become a major fan and this seems to be the right place to be.

My partner and I have owned 3 Audis in that time and we've loved them.:D
I killed the first coupe we owned at a wedding reception we went to which was held in a marque and were told to park in the neighbouring field.Towards the end of the eve and after SEVERAL shandys:beerchug: I thought I'd try out the sideways handeling of our coupe across the said field.After an hour and a half drive home the next day I noticed the gearbox getting noisey and thought to myself "I must have a look when I next get the chance.I wonder if I've hit the box?It is lowered after all".Anyway to cut a long story short I'd put a large crack in the box and it had overheated and was well knackered.:Screem:

Since then I've refrained from being totally stupid whilst in possession of any vehichle keys.I learnt my lesson.It cost me a coupe.

Anyway I digress.I currently own a 95 2.6e coupe which I adore but is causing me a few problems I hope someone can help me with.Please,please,please.
Neither of my drivers door handles will open the door!!!.I've tried using a "slim jim" to sort it but the prob seems to be in the locking mechanism itself and not the actuators.Is there any other way to get the door open or do I have to destroy the door card to sort it?.

Please help as I dont like to think that there isn't any answer and I have to start being brutal with my baby.

Ben
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
welcome.

I'm sure someone here will help you release your frustration.;)

sox
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
hey,

ive had massive trouble with doors & locks myself so i know how ya feel.

so.......
one inside the car through the boot can you unlock the doors with the lock push button ??

is the central locking working as it should??

bit more detail matey.:confused:

rich

guy m
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi Rich,

The central locking seems to be working as it should.The passenger door works as it should.Buttons go up and down as they should, but neither handle on drivers door actually operates the catch to release the U shaped catch that goes over the pin which is mounted on the car body.
We had a local RAC man spend 3 hours the other day have a go at it and he confirmed what I thought, which is the actual locking mechanism in the block mounted on the door is at fault, not either of the actuaters which go into it which are pulled by the handles.
What I need to know is how can I open the door without jemmying it open?.A sugestion was made that I should get another door trim and then prize the original off or cut a big hole in it to get to the mechanism.This I'm not sure will work because the catch is bolted through the edge of the door and I dont know what is to be gained by getting to the inside of the catch.
Both the catch on the body of the car and the locking mechanism are bolted from the outside so the bolts are also inaccessable when the door is closed.
The only other thing I can think of is to take apart the passenger door to see how it works.

I hope this garbled mess of writing gives you a little more clue.

HELP.

sox
12-07-2007, 08:28 PM
hey.

mate you got a problem. i see what your getting at now.

ive had a look at mine and i cant see any other way into the locking system other that from the inside of the door.although the latch mechanism is bolted on the door from the outside it must be possible to release it from within the door. there dosnt seem to be any other way mate???
otherwise anyone could nic it.

unfortunatly i think your gonna have to wreak your door card.

hope its not leather.

soz i cant really help that much

rich:confused: