PDA

View Full Version : Mk V Golf GTI TDi

ianpearson
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi all, tried adding a key to my 2005 MK 5 Golf. I have a handheld VAG K+ Can and VAG Dash Can. Got the pin using VAG K+ and tried to program in using the Dash Can laptop software adapting the new key in only, not erasing the other key.
Chip in new key is a virgin and I know it's the correct Canbus chip type. Immo is system 2 from the symbol on the dash.
Communication error while trying to adapt new key in, now neither key will start it.
On VAG handheld under 01 Engine I have Fault Code 17978 Engine Start blocked by immobiliser. The output tests function tells me 18100 Malfunction indication light (K83) short to gnd and 17068 Glow plug control module J271: Implausible signal
Under 17 Instrument cluster (which I believe houses the immobiliser) there are no fault codes.
Under 46 Central Control under Fault codes I get a block of gobbledygook info which doesn't clear. The output test functions correctly.
Remote locking still works fine, dash has no system 2 immo identifier at all and just simply reads Engine Fault, Workshop.
I've checked fuses in side of dash and next to battery.
There is a clicking noise (similar to faulty relay) coming from steering column.
Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance

Crasher
08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
What you are trying to do even causes me stress, I get a chap to come around and do keys for me and the Golf 5’s mess him about and he is a key coding professional.