PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash and wax and properly clean your car?

Lis
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
:D Tend to do mine and OH's every 2 or 3 weeks...

this becomes less frequent in the winter though i'm ashamed to admit as he does a fair bit of motorway driving and my driving down muddy lanes to the yard means the cars are dirty again within a few days! :(

Veedubber
09-07-2007, 04:25 PM
:Blush2: Not often enough and certainly not as often or as thoroughly as many here!! Probably every 3 or 4 weeks... I wash it as often in winter, but it's never dry enough to polish it really. Or not when I'm not busy. Or something.

Muddy lanes to the yard? :gasp:

Oh phew, just realised it's a renault clio :biglaugh:

Lis
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Muddy lanes to the yard? :gasp:

Oh phew, just realised it's a renault clio :biglaugh:

OI! :zx11: Won't be once i've saved enough money for a Golf! (Think i've decided on a Golf now, OH keeps pointing out random cars all the time now 'what about that one?') Will still have to do the same journey then too! :p

Dozz
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Proper Wax on wax off clean probably 3-4 times a year. Rinse off and wash with shampoo with a drop of polish in the bucket about once a month. Be careful giving ya Clio a good polish I understand you can rub them away!!!!!

Veedubber
10-07-2007, 01:45 PM
OI! :zx11: Won't be once i've saved enough money for a Golf! (Think i've decided on a Golf now, OH keeps pointing out random cars all the time now 'what about that one?') Will still have to do the same journey then too! :p

:D

Eshrules
10-07-2007, 02:01 PM
mine has a 'wash rinse' every 2/3 weeks and a proper wash and wax every 4/6 weeks. i only polish and seal around every 3/4 months. during winter, it will be a weekly wash, with a wax when its decent enough to lol

dessimpson
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I get mine washed every Saturday morning when i go for a paper (when i can drive :( ). I go to one of those places where you sit in the car and they wash it for you.
They do a very good job too :D:D

Wax / Seal probably 2-3 times a year.

angel18082005
11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
i try and handwash my car at least once every two weeks ...weather permitting lol

i very rarely wax my car - purely because we never seem to have the right weather for it and when we do im normally stuck in work lol

ahhh well

:beerchug:

MalcQV
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
So far it has been about 5 weeks since I washed it. This dark grey charcoal colour looks the same clean or dirty. The only thing I do is clean the plastic wheels and hey presto she looks a beaut :p

Sam
11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I last washed it...erm....yeah, a long time ago.

Sorry car :(

Veedubber
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow, I'm astounded! :Blush: I've been under the impression you were pretty much all out there polishing the bejasus out of your cars every weekend and it was only me that didn't get the soapy bucket out often enough!! I feel a bit better now. :biglaugh: My alloys that I was so proud of how clean they were after I washed them at the weekend - was particularly proud of the alloys having found some mysterious wheel cleaner in the garage - I've only gone and missed a bit! How come the missed bit is ALWAYS obvious and at the bottom of the wheel now, but was hidden away at the top when I was cleaning it. :Blush2: