PDA

View Full Version : Was it worth the the wait ????

Scooby-Doo
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
After all the hassle and stress of waiting for your CC,are you all happy with your car and any regrets about not having something else.

Here's me then,

Very pleased with the car,comfortable,quiet and plenty of "Go go go.MPG averaging 46 and 50+ on the run into work.If I push on as I used drive my TT it soon drops to mid 30's but is still better than mid 20's. I have to admit that much as I loved my TT I don't miss not having it as the CC is quick and ten times more versatile.
Minus points,it's a "BIG" car and I'm still getting used to the electric handbrake (must remember to put seatbelt on straight away) especially if I'm parked behind another car facing downhill :Blush:.

Still fancy an Aston Martin though.

Gregmeister
06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Simple answer, absolutely. I had a 2006 vectra prior to the cc and the improved ride and general quality of the cc is leagues ahead. The cc is not a 'nimble' car but its plenty entertaining when the mood takes you whilst being superbly comfortable at all times. Exactly what I wanted. That, and the veyron was a bit more than I wanted to spend ... haha!

Gregmeister
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Just to add to this, over the week leading up tot he royal wedding I went on a little 5-day driving trip around Ireland. My wife, who is 5 months pregnant cam too and we clocked up the best part of 1800 miles in 5 days. That was a lot of sight seeing and an average of 8 to 9 hours in the car. Every day we arrived at our intended destination with enough energy to do a bit more exploring on foot.

Oh, and the engine feels even more punchy now with 3000 miles on the clock.

MisterB
25-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Only had mine for a few days, but hell yeah !
It's not perfect - there are a few places where it could be better - as with all cars.
Having had 3 Passat B5's in the past, and lately a B5.5 R-line estate, the CC-GT 170 manual is great! The frameless windows, bucked seats and smooth ride take me back to my old 1981 Celica. I really like the look / styling.

I was surprised to discover that the Part Assist can do reverse bay parking as well as parallel parking ! The 57-62mpg so far is very good. The turning lights are really useful, especially in an unlit car-park at night. good quality feel. Doors on the B5.5 estate sounded tinny. It looks so much better than the standard Passat, and there are not too many about either.

what could be better:

Sat-nav is a let down - especially compared to my old TomTom.
Aux jack input on RNS-315 - would be better/safer in the centre console.
Lack of storage areas for long journeys in car doors.
12v power supply only working when the ignition is on.
Steering wheel controls would be easier the other way round (audio on right)
Beige roller cover on centre console - would look better black.
My old B5 had lights in the bottom of the doors when opened. VW have gone cheap with the reflectors on the new cars

:drive: GT-170 manual, pearlescent black, beige/black interior, heated screen, badge deletion.

Scooby-Doo
28-06-2011, 09:56 AM
GT-170 manual, pearlescent black, beige/black interior, heated screen, badge deletion.

Ditto but cold screen,MDi & electric seats.

Agree sat nav is not that good.(3 months in and only had a play with it ) don't really need it.
Storage - how much room do you want ?? Large armrest storage,centre console and cubby to the right of steering wheel ???
MDi negates the need for 12v socket and aux in.
Steering wheel controls - getting used to it now,my previous Audi was audio on the right.
Beige roller cover - black would be better
With full electric seats you get folding mirror option which come with lights in the underside of the mirrors to illuminate the ground by the doors.

3000 miles,three months,46 mpg average and very happy with the car.170bhp very quick.

MisterB
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I've just ordered a 16GB SD card, so less need to plug-in the kids iPod for their music choice. That's a nice feature - since I didn't order the MDI interface.

The T&S got in the car, so I connected up her mobile phone, and it offered Bluetooth audio transfer... I'm going to upgrade my phone tomorrow. HTC Desire S with 32GB microSD will give me some good alternatives to the radio.
For those interested in Phone Compatibility: VW have the info on http://87.230.74.92/mobiltelefonvorbereitung_rns315.html

As for storage...I was used to having a standard Passat Estate, which has better space for passengers (bottle storage) in the front doors, storage in the rear doors. We just need to be a bit more selective.

The boot hook is also a nice touch (I first saw this on a Skoda). I'll be getting another when I'm near the dealers next. [If you want to order one: Part Nos: 1K5 867 615 A - Bracket (Storage hook) + N 906 987 03 - Speed nut + N 106 663 02 - Screw (you need 2 screws/nuts)] less than £7 inc VAT. And also going to add an LED light strip in the boot, attached to the boot interior light (under the shelf) for better lighting.
I've put in a boot liner too (not VW), as those carpets in the boot are a bugger to keep clean.

Had a chance to see the cornering lights on Friday night - very nice - helped the T&S get to the car in an unlit car-park in the rain, missing the puddles (never thought it would be used for that) She liked that.

How could I forget to mention - Park Assist!
:biglaugh: That's such a laugh; watching the steering wheel spin round, like it's possessed or something! - the kids keep asking me to find somewhere to test is out again. I didn't know it was Parallel Parking + Reverse Parking too :-) I tried it once when looking at the car to order (Parallel mode only) and it was such a laugh, I just had to have it. Works on both sides too. Useful for when going abroad.

:drive: parcio mawr

JonMarsh
29-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Have had the car now a couple of weeks and done about 1300 miles. Here’s my first impressions:

Chuffed with:

· Dynamic steering of the Xenons. Makes driving round country roads in the dark a real pleasure
· Suspension and road holding significantly better than my previous B6
· The speed the RNS315 reads SD cards compared to the RDS510 I had in the B6 - almost instantaneous compared to 30secs I had previously had to wait.
· MDI interface for iPod works well. The DAB radio also works very well and the user interface is far superior to the RDS510
· The looks!

Pleasantly surprised with:

· Full address book integration with steering wheel controls and MFD on the RNS315 with a Nokia phone
· Full postcode entry on RNS315 and ability to import destinations from an SD card

Confused about:

· A very annoying/loud metallic rattle in drivers door on the very first journey (sounded like someone left a large bolt in there). But it’s never occurred since and it’s now like waiting for the second shoe to drop!
· Where the MDI interface was. Spent ages hunting around the glove box with a torch until I noticed that the release tag for the handbook compartment (as it was on the B6) had a little music symbol on it (d’oh).

Disappointed with:

· Reflective glow from the centre brake light on the rear window in the dark.
· Initial impression of fuel consumption looks like it’s not going to be much different than my old non-bluemotion B6.
· I have the same problem with playing back long MP3 tracks on an SD Card that I had with the RDS510 (eg, half hour or hour long podcasts). You can only fast forward at a snails pace (just about 10 times which means you have to hold the fast forward button down for about 2 minutes to move forward 20mins). I was hoping there would be a bit more intelligence applied (ie, speed up the fast forward after holding down the button for a few seconds).
· Taking the edge of the full postcode entry for the SAT Nav – can’t enter house number (I know… I’m being picky). The RNS315 would also be vastly improved if it had a larger display.

Really pee’d off with:

· Stop/Start function incompatible with DSG/Autohold - to fully exploit the Stop/Start there’s no point in having Autohold. Having driven a B6 previously I came to love the DSG gearbox and the Autohold function - very refined with no need to keep foot pressed on brake when stopped. Was looking forward to the Stop/Start function but extremely disappointed that Stop/Start only works if you keep your foot on the brake. You can put it into park and then you can release the brake but I bought DSG with Autohold so I didn’t have to do that much hard work – my left arm just isn’t used to all that exercise! What they should do is to allow the Stop/Start to continue functioning when the autohold engages (and thus allow you to release the foot brake) and then have the engine re-start by taping the brake before moving off. Unless anybody can see any safety issues with this, are there any other DSG owners out there who would like to start a campaign to get it changed?
· Intermittent problem with 12 way memory seats. Sometime stops moving before it gets to correct position – will need to book it into dealer when have better idea of how many times it happens