PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Gearbox Golf gti mk4

fiji070
24-04-2006, 09:54 PM
:1zhelp: Hi, Everyone, does anyone have any idea to why the gearbox is so noisy, it sounds like a wheel baring but i dont think it is it seems louder when i accelerate, i Checked the gearbox oil which was very low so i topped it up but still the same noise. My car is a golf gti turbo 2002 150 bhp The car has only done 41,000 miles:1zhelp:

01992greg
02-01-2008, 01:05 AM
:1zhelp: Hi, Everyone, does anyone have any idea to why the gearbox is so noisy, it sounds like a wheel baring but i dont think it is it seems louder when i accelerate, i Checked the gearbox oil which was very low so i topped it up but still the same noise. My car is a golf gti turbo 2002 150 bhp The car has only done 41,000 miles:1zhelp:

i might be new to the dub scene just bout a mk4 1.8t gti but i have been doin mechanics for 6 years and if the noise sounds like a wheel bearing it will probably be the release bearing if you depress the clutch does the noise go away if so it will be that
if you dont know what a release bearing is its the bearing inside the gearbox that when you change the gear it preses on the springs on the pressure plate thouse disengaging the clutch any way hope that helps:beerchug: