PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning wheels...

Lis
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Me and OH spent Saturday afternoon washing, waxing, hoovering and dusting our cars... both came up really lovely and clean although his tends to be a lot more reflective seeing as it is black! VERY shiny! :D :D

However despite using brake dust cleaning stuff on his wheels i couldn't quite get all of the ingrained little blobs off - what is best spray product to use for this? :1zhelp: That also doesn't cost a fortune? Was thinking of popping to Halfords sometime this week, maybe tonight...

Eshrules
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Me and OH spent Saturday afternoon washing, waxing, hoovering and dusting our cars... both came up really lovely and clean although his tends to be a lot more reflective seeing as it is black! VERY shiny! :D :D

However despite using brake dust cleaning stuff on his wheels i couldn't quite get all of the ingrained little blobs off - what is best spray product to use for this? :1zhelp: That also doesn't cost a fortune? Was thinking of popping to Halfords sometime this week, maybe tonight...

i've had AG clean wheels recommended to me because i had a slight tarnish on mine.... give them a clean first to remove as much of the filth as poss, then give them a going over with a claybar (apparently ********* do a good kit from meg's) this will help to remove whatever remains, give the wheels another wash to rinse off, then seal with AG EGP or similar sealant, the sealant helps to stop the brake dust from sticking and makes it easier to clean the wheels the next time around ;)

Veedubber
09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I found a jam jar in the garage with "Wheel cleaner" written in pen on the outside of it. I painted it on with a paint brush and oh my god it worked a treat! All those streaks of brake dust and blobs of black stuff, all gone. Easy peasy, too. I don't suppose it was sold in the jam jar and I must have decanted it from some bigger container. I have no previous recollection of this jam jar whatsoever, but I doubt someone else put it in my garage... well, they must have done. If I find out what it is, I'll tell you... :Blush2:

MalcQV
09-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I used AutoGlym on my last cars alloys. It worked a treat but then found I had to use it all the time. I think if you polish them with a decent polish afterwards it helps.

valet magic
09-07-2007, 03:30 PM
i've had AG clean wheels recommended to me because i had a slight tarnish on mine.... give them a clean first to remove as much of the filth as poss, then give them a going over with a claybar (apparently ********* do a good kit from meg's) this will help to remove whatever remains, give the wheels another wash to rinse off, then seal with AG EGP or similar sealant, the sealant helps to stop the brake dust from sticking and makes it easier to clean the wheels the next time around ;)

spot on :D

Lis
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
AG clean wheels? Is that Autoglym clean wheels?

Desdesigner
09-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi people,

Just wondering the difference between silicone and non silicone based tyre shines as i wish to bulk buy you see:

http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=7

Also, anybody bought from these people before?

Many thanks

-Desdesigner

valet magic
09-07-2007, 04:05 PM
ag rubber dressing comes in a gallon drum and its very good, but out of the two you mentioned get non silicone:D

chrisvrscrx
09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I normally use Wonder Wheels I bought a cheap spray bottle for easier application. Then afterwards if I could be ***** I would put AG alloy wheel seal on.... its pretty new on the market and it makes wheels shiny and prevents build up of more brake dust too quickly and makes it easier to clean off.

Ben
09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I find elbow grease is freely available:p , and works well with may other products.

Rain is rain wether its spitting or tipping it down, your still going to get wet.;)

MalcQV
30-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Sorry for the post. I seem to be having problems clicking "View first unread". This is one of the posts. The last poster was forest000.

Ben
31-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Sorry for the post. I seem to be having problems clicking "View first unread". This is one of the posts. The last poster was forest000.

they got banned for spamming.

paul b
31-03-2008, 10:55 PM
they got banned for spamming.
What clowns they are. :aargh4:

Paul