PDA

View Full Version : Touareg TMC Frustrations

muffin_mans
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and apologies for my ignorance. I have been a member of plenty of (dare I say it) BMW forums as I had 2 MG ZT's and I replaced the BMW MKIII nav unit for the bmw MKIV aswell as the 4:3 screen for a 16:9 screen. My problem is that I have now purchased a new 3.0 V6 TDi Touareg with the MFD2 nav unit. As I am sure you are aware the dvd nav disc does not have UK TMC codes on it. With the BMW system it also did not have TMC codes on the Europeen DVD, but you could use the VDO UK cd which did have TMC codes and worked perfectly. My question is, are there any other discs out there cd or dvd that have TMC codes for the UK and that will work. I hate nav without TMC as it quite often takes you straight into a delay, which you could otherwise avoid.
Hope someone has a positive response!!!:1zhelp:

Froggy
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately there is not a DVD available with UK TMC codes at the moment.

The same problem exists for the Blaupunkt EX-V unit which uses the same software. TMC is on the disc for the rest of Europe but not the UK :aargh4:

muffin_mans
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Cheers Froggy
I guessed there wasn't a DVD disc with TMC on it, but is there a CD version with TMC codes that will work in the DVD unit. The VDO Dayton UK CD will work in the BMW DVD nav unit so that way you can use the TMC function, so to recap, do Blaupunkt or Tele Atlas have a CD nav disc that will work in the MFD2 DVD unit?
Please somebody say yes otherwise I will be really :zx11:

Froggy
09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
No afraid not, the operating systems and software are completely different.

As far as I have been able to tell/find out, there isn't even a time-scale for the introduction of UK TMC on the DVD system. Which sucks...

Trust me if it could be made to work, I'd have it working...

johnftr
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I have had the same problem on a Passat Sat Nav sysyem. I bought a 170 2.oo TDI Sport Estate with all the trimmings - inclusding the very expensive Sat Nav system.

TMC has never worked for me despite what the handbook brags about.
Furthermore, if I leave the Traffic Program active, the damn system drains my battery at 0.2 amps even when the system is switched off and the car locked.

It SHOULD only drain at 0.02.

Thankfully VW Assistance (aka RAC) managed to get the car going and diagnose the fault ...

I think VW have been very remiss in not letting owners know about the TMC issue.

Ben
05-01-2008, 10:50 AM
My TMC seems to work http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=102596#post102596