PDA

View Full Version : Delivery issues?

stuk100
30-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Curious to know if anyone else in seeing a very long delivery time.

I ordered my 2.0tdi sport in mid December 2010 and will finally be getting it in mid May.

I have heard a few reasons for this, the latest being that all sport models with cloth trim have been delayed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

andyrossitter
30-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I ordered via my company's leasing agent back in March, it was all going ok then the order was rejected and needed signing again( due to a lower lease cost to me :))
car reordered at beginning of april, given a date of ned of june which has now slipped to mid july due to a problem with parts in their supply chain
I have ordered a 2.0 se with a few factory fitted options

stuk100
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Looks like a long wait for you too.

Just so you know, VW are giving a loan car at week 20 (this is normally a 16 week thing but the passat is a new model...)

Hopefully you will not have to wait this long though.

My car is a standard spec sport with no extras so its not always adding things that causes a delay.

Motorway
02-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I ordered 2 B7 estates mid march mine and my Dads, got a good deal and at the time estimated delivery time was late may/early june.

had a couple of possible buyers for my current B6 estate so mailed the garage and asked for a more defined date, but they have not been able toll me if the estimated deliver is still correct.

I will have to up the pressure on them this week, i dont want to let the current car go until i know when the new one is coming. as soon as i know something i will update here

yuppyflyer
03-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Ordered a BM Sport Estate begining April with lots of options, delivery estimated September.

logiclee
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Lots of delays across the VAG brands especially with DSG and the new smaller TSi petrols.

Skoda are quoting 35 weeks for some of the Fabia and Yeti range. The new Polo has similar lead times if you order popular spec.

Cheers
Lee

stuk100
05-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Reached 20 weeks this week, so Europcar delivered the free loan car today. Its a passat 1.6TDI S - Only 1800 miles on the clock.
The car is impressive - very nice to drive and the engine has surprising pull for a 1.6. Makes waiting for my 2.0tdi sport easier to bare.

walker77
05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I've just been quoted 12-17 weeks for a 140 Sport 2.0tdi with keyless entry, pearl paint and parking sensors. I've asked our fleet manager to order with the lease company asap but I expect the delivery to slip to at least 20 weeks.

sunnygirl
17-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I ordered a skoda roomster the 1st week in Jan 2011 on a motability deal , i was told a guessimate delivery time of april /may , last week i called in to ask where my car was only to be told it would be july , then today i was told it would be sept 2011. to say i am not happy is an understatement!. What i want to know is if the story about the Japan tusami/nuclear zone being the reason why skoda cant get the electronics for the roomster a genuine story/reason or am i being treated like an idiot. Does anyone know whom i can complain to other than the dealer concerned .

stuk100
19-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Hello Sunnygirl

Try VW customers services - 0800 0833 920.

I wish you the best of luck - Do not forget to ask about a free loan car.

Motorway
28-05-2011, 09:25 PM
As i said earlier in this thread. my dad and i ordered two SE Estates back in March, last friday we got a build date for my car w/c 26th June with an estimated delivery of toward the end of July. which if this is correct that will be week 19.

Now Dads car... No build date yet, but the dealer says it should be approx a month later making delivery approx week 24

both of our current cars are for sale and up to this week not much response, but we now have a couple of lookers, what we have to decide is assuming the lookers become buyers do we let the cars go sooner than our estimated delivery of the new cars.
I dont have a problem as i have the Range Rover to use my car could go this week if the buyer comes with the cash, but Dad has nothing to use, but he goes on holiday 7th july and wont need a car for 15 days. and when he gets back it will be week 19. so we could let his car go on the saturday before his holiday.

one thing will make this decision easier, how do we receive the FREE loan car, is it arranged through the dealer, do we have to make a request for it, does the dealer supply it automatically??
if the loan car comes week 20 then with the estimated delivery date for my car then i will not qualify, but DAD will so ideally week 20 comes and i have the new one and dad will get his FREE loan car

if one of the usual experts could clarify the process of getting the loan car we would appreciate it.

Thanks in anticipaton

stuk100
30-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Hello Motorway

You have to contact the dealer and ask for the loan car. It is delivered via Europcar and is usually a Passat (mine was a 1.6 tdi S).
It is worth noting that the 20 weeks starts from VW factory acceptance of your order.

In your shoes, I would contact the dealer now and agree the date that your loan car claim will be valid - It will make things easier when the time comes.

Europcar will take a £150 deposit that they give back when you return the car with no damage and a full tank of fuel.
Apart from the fuel cost the car is completely free. They even pay your insurance.

Hope this helps. My Passat finally arrived on Friday after a wait of nearly 6 months and the loan car was a bit of a life saver for the last 4 weeks of this very long wait.

Good luck and all the best.

Motorway
31-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks stuk100
i will be contacting the dealer tomorrow to get the date from them, as soon as i have all the information i will post back with an update, thanks again for your help
Motorway

Hello Motorway

You have to contact the dealer and ask for the loan car. It is delivered via Europcar and is usually a Passat (mine was a 1.6 tdi S).
It is worth noting that the 20 weeks starts from VW factory acceptance of your order.

In your shoes, I would contact the dealer now and agree the date that your loan car claim will be valid - It will make things easier when the time comes.

Europcar will take a £150 deposit that they give back when you return the car with no damage and a full tank of fuel.
Apart from the fuel cost the car is completely free. They even pay your insurance.

Hope this helps. My Passat finally arrived on Friday after a wait of nearly 6 months and the loan car was a bit of a life saver for the last 4 weeks of this very long wait.

Good luck and all the best.

walker77
01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Can anyone advise when a "build week" is given by VW? I've ordered a 140 Sport as a company car through fleet manager and lease company. They cannot (or will not) tell me what the expected build week is. The only info I've been given is between 12 and 17 weeks, order was placed with lease company 3 weeks ago.

The Fingers
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Can anyone advise when a "build week" is given by VW? I've ordered a 140 Sport as a company car through fleet manager and lease company. They cannot (or will not) tell me what the expected build week is. The only info I've been given is between 12 and 17 weeks, order was placed with lease company 3 weeks ago.

Mine took about 10 weeks in total, however build week wasn't really confirmed until the week before it was being built.

Ordered early Jan delivered March 21st. Was actually the quickest i have had for a few years. Mine was a 140 Man SE White so pretty much off the shelf.

I think there is a delay on anything with a 1.6 tdi (we have just waited 6 months for 2 x 1.6 TDI S golfs got delivered last week ordered before my passat) I think DSG's are causing some delays also.

The first 6 - 8 weeks are always a little sketchy, then it all picks up speed and the exitement can start.

This will be the longest 10 weeks on record, mine was!!

walker77
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks, there is some good news then!! I've gone for the 140 Sport with Keyless Entry and Parking Sensors in Island Grey - hopefully I've avoided the options which mean a 17 week delivery.

The Fingers
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks, there is some good news then!! I've gone for the 140 Sport with Keyless Entry and Parking Sensors in Island Grey - hopefully I've avoided the options which mean a 17 week delivery.

Sorry but i think the words 'with options' is going to mean longer than buying a standard spec 'out of group stock car'

They are going to class yours as a special order and it will need to go in the queue rather than you being linked up with one already in the queue. If you know what i mean.

walker77
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I'd only just working out ten weeks on the calendar when I read your post!! I see what you mean though - back to the calendar then to mark 17 weeks on!

The Fingers
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd only just working out ten weeks on the calendar when I read your post!! I see what you mean though - back to the calendar then to mark 17 weeks on!

Its worth the wait, shall we have a sweep stake - i will take the 12 - 14 week slot!!!!

I have had mine two months and the only thing i regret is getting white, love the look of it when its clean but that would be a full time job!!

The count down has begun........tick tock tick tock

Sulphur-Man
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
When we were looking at Sharans and Alhambras brand new I was told by 4 separate dealers that the Japan situation was causing huge delays obtaining electronics that get built into all kinds of parts for VAG cars. From DSG 'boxes to sunroof motors and much more. We ended up finding a dealer demo car with a few hundred miles that had the spec we needed and count ourselves quite lucky!

Motorway
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Its worth the wait, shall we have a sweep stake - i will take the 12 - 14 week slot!!!!

I have had mine two months and the only thing i regret is getting white, love the look of it when its clean but that would be a full time job!!

The count down has begun........tick tock tick tock

My wait is in week 12 now and todays best estimate on delivery from dealer is last week in July (week 19). and my dads car ordered the same day is looking like early September!! bot cars are the exact same spec... from the same dealer. i have been told it is down to dealer allocation, but the electronics from japan does sound feasable...

chrispattinson
09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I have been let down again and again by VW ... and am now on a mission to let others know before ordering.
Here is my VW experience:

July 2010 - order Passat CC, delivery date Oct 2010
October 2010 - advised Nov 2010 delivery date
November 2010 - advised December 2010 devlivery date
December 2010 - advised Feb 2011 delivery date
January 2011 - advised April 2011 deliver date
February 2011 - advised June 2011 delivery date.

At this point, after reading on a number of VW forums that any builds that slip later than June 2011 will be cancelled, as VW cannot fulfill them, and as I now have two daughters (only had one when ordered the car), I phoned VW to cancel the order, and was talked into looking at the new Passat estate, as estimated delivery was 12 weeks. After a quick look at one, I was impressed, and ordered a red Passat Estate in Feb 2011

Febuary 2011 - ordered Passat Estate, estimated delivery 6th May 2011
27th April 2011 - email advising July 2011 delivery date
10th May (my birthday) letter advising August 2011 delivery date
24th May - letter advising Novermber 2011 delivery date.......
Offered alternative Passat, without any of the options I am after, but it does have heated seats and electric mirrors I will need to pay for!

The Fingers
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I cant believe all these delivery issues you all seem to be having. Although mine took about 10 weeks in total, it had registration number confirmed two weeks prior to delivery and it was the fact that they didnt have enough people to deliver cars that it took another two weeks.

Mine is an off the shelf SE manual 2.0 TDI in Candy White (candy grey at moment) with Fontana's - completely bobby basic.

When speaking to our broker he has confirmed STD off the shelf cars are best, you usually get linked up with one which is in production already so no delay. When adding anything (except met paint and no cost opetion wheels) you have to start at the beginning and await factory confirmation that its in the production schedule by this time an off the shelf car is probably on the ship to Grimsby.

To the guy who has had the CC head ache and now a B7 head ache - someone is having your pants down. I bet at least three of your planned cars have been given to someone else who is kicking off more. I feel your pain 10 weeks was long enough.

I would get back to the dealers and canx that one as well and then get them to link you up with one that is already on UK turf.

spw74
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

On the 6th June I ordered a new passat 1.6tdi SE in deep black with beige cloth seats with park assist, 510 rcd and rear tinted windows.
I was quoted 10 weeks to dealer then as it would be middle of August a first week in September delivery to me.
After reading all the issuses with delivery i'm now not very optimistic!
Does anyone now if there is an issuse with 1.6 tdi SE.

Cheers

walker77
13-06-2011, 09:48 PM
My order went through lease company on 11th May - 2.0 Tdi 140 Sport Saloon Island Grey, Parking Sensors and Keyless Entry.

Just had confirmation last week that delivery is expected to the dealer at the end of August, then to me approx 10 days later. That will be 17-18 weeks in total.

I'm not holding my breath through!

gold1640
14-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Picked up my Passat yesterday - exactly 20 weeks from placing the order.

walker77
21-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Surprising good news.....saloon is expected to be ready for delivery w/c 1st August. 4 weeks earlier than expected. 13-14 weeks in total.

I'm guessing it may be a cancelled vehicle that the lease company have got hold of and not a 4 week decrease in the build time.

2.0 Tdi 140 Sport Saloon Island Grey, Parking Sensors and Keyless Entry.

yuppyflyer
21-07-2011, 09:51 PM
My Sport 140 estate 510Nav, Leather, Parking sensors, xenons, colour mfd, Candy white ordered begining April has just been put back a week later to 16th Sept.

Probably too many options!

swe_andreas
05-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I ordered my passat estate tdi 170 DSG 4M with most of the options in week 3. Vw estimated delivery in week 22. Now they say around week 40. The loan car is a skoda octavia 115bhp. So boring...but at least it's free

The car is bought in sweden

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk