PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Position Power Feed Required

kwic50
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Everybody

I wonder if anyone could help with finding a 12v live feed when the key fob is in the first position. I have just fitted a Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT which does not have an on off switch. I have fitted a CANO7 NAVIGATION INTERFACE which supplies all the relevant signals required.
At the moment as soon as I switch off the ignition switch I have power
to the pioneer for about 20 seconds, about the same time as the instrument displays turn off.

I have noticed that the power windows still operate with the key fob removed, until I open the doors.
If I could tap into that feed it would be fine,but suspect canbus controllers are inside the doors,as the loom has twisted pairs going into the doors.

Can anyone help please?

Keith

Froggy
09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Can I be a bit confused - doesn't the can bus interface provide you with an ignition feed?

kwic50
09-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi again

The can bus does provide a feed when the ignition is on.

The navigation interface I have fitted provides a 12v feed output
which is only present if data is available on the can bus.

The wiring to the nav interface is as follows:

red = +12v fused permanent supply

(interface goes to sleep mode after 3 min of can inactivity using <1.0ma)

black = ground

blue = can low

white = can high

green = speed pulse signal to sat nav

orange = illumination to sat nav

brown= reverse signal to sat nav

purple = ignition +12v to power sat nav

pink = hand brake on signal to sat nav

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN YOU SWITCH OFF THE IGNITION THE CAN BUS HAS NO DATA SO NO POWER TO SAT NAV INTERFACE.

My original question is does anyone know where I can find a feed with the ignition off ,but has to cease when doors are opened or car locked. Or as on a normal wiring loom the accessory position.

hope this makes sense?

Keith

Sam
10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
The older model Passat had an array of live feeds under the dashboard behind the knee bolster.

I'm not too familiar with the newer model, but I'll have a look.

Froggy
10-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Ignition feed 2 the revenge, when you take the panel off at the passengers right leg there a small bunch of cables taped up in there is a skinny yellow with black tracer which is also ignition.

Not sure about when it switches on/ off but should be same as the key, on when cranked running, off only after key fully removed.

kwic50
10-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Do you mean loose cables or in a harness?

Froggy
11-07-2007, 10:03 AM
It should be taped back in one of the looms. You should be able to see it.

audisingh
29-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi, i have a similar problem where by when the ignition is on the pionner avic unit will power up but when the ignition is turned to the 'off' but the key has NOT been removed the unit will power down. I have an audi a4 1.9 tdi 03' and would appreciate if anyone could tell me where the wire that controls this feature is located. Many Thanks.

The Fingers
29-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I am a bit of a noob to this but isnt the cigar lighter feed only live when ignition is on, mine goes dead when key is out but it doe seem live when the key is in first position.

audisingh
29-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i have found that in my a4 the cigar lighter is constant live and is not dependant on the ignition which i found when using a phone charger that still worked when the key was out. But i am really looking for a way to be able to listen to the stereo when i turn the ignition off but NOT removing the key from the barrell.

kenney
29-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi Have you recoded gateway after fitting the navigation?

audisingh
29-02-2008, 06:51 PM
hi, im not sure how to go about recoding the gateway but i should mention that it is an aftermarket headunit (pioneer avic) and im not using the canbus wire that was connected to the stock radio. I believe the ignition wire is in the canbus but have no idea how to get to it. Do you think that the ignition from the canbus would solve my issue where by the headunit will still run when the key is still in the barrell?

kenney
29-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Has the new unit canbus connections

audisingh
29-02-2008, 08:54 PM
no, unfortunately not.

djsky
29-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Interesting... i'll be installing my new Sat Nav/DVD soon, so am intereseted where you might find an accessory feed. I would have thought the Cigarette lighter would be the easy option, but I think that switches off when the fob is in "Accessory" mode too.

Does the Canbus adaptor not power up in accessory mode?

audisingh
01-03-2008, 09:43 AM
i have already tried the plain black ignition wire under the steering column with no luck.

a canbus adapter would probably work but i cant justify the cost when all i need is it to stay on while the key is in the barrel.. do you have a canbus adapter? i was getting quotes of around &#163;100 for one....

djsky
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I got a "Connects2" canbus adapter for &#163;75 from my local car hifi dealer... think i saw some online for &#163;69.

audisingh
07-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi 'djsky'.... I have exhausted all other avenues and it seems as though the only way round my problem is to use a canbus adapter. Now the connects2 website only offer adapters for audi a4's over 2005' . I was wondering what year you audi was and if the new headunit stays on until the removal of the key? thank you.

djsky
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi,

I thought this was the Passat B6 forum? I have a Passat B6 Funnily enough... but it will still work, as the variants aren't that different.... What is your model exactly and what stereo did you have in before?

It only powers on and off when you pop the key in (Accessory position) and then powers down when you pop the key out.

audisingh
07-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry, i just assumed you drove an A4.

I had the concert 1 headunit in and have now replaced it with a pioneer avic x1. I have emailed autoleads to see whether they produce a canbus adapter.

What do you think?