PDA

View Full Version : a2 engine management

geraint
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Hello, I have both an a4 which is great and an a2 which is less great! the latest thing whith the little puddle jumper is a small cutting out now and then and the engine management warning light staying on all the time.Anybody know of this problem ,I hope its not going to be too expensive as I just had to replace the electric power steering pump which cost me £580 for the pump alone! cheers

8Z0
26-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Which engine do you have - petrol or diesel? Do you know the three digit engine code letters?

Cheers, 8Z0

8Z0
29-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Without knowing the engine type - there are known issues with the A2 cutting out and the EPC warning lamp coming on. The problem is usually solved by updating the software in the engine control unit. There are of course other possible causes, the ecu software is just a very likely one.

Cheers, 8Z0

a8 tech
29-07-2007, 10:21 PM
In take manifold sensor is common,there are software up dates for lambda issues on the 1.4 mpi petrol but you need some fault codes to establish the source.The intake manifold sensor does make it stall were as the lambda issues are more genral running problems