PDA

View Full Version : Dirty drivers arm rest

kamikaze06
27-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Buying a black golf is a marriage made in hell as it is necessary to be forever washing and polishing them to keep them looking good. But the rewards when you see them shining - well at least for a short while!!
One of my problems is with the interior which is Titan Black and have noticed that my drivers cloth arm rest always looks dirty but only about an inch by and inch at the edge, especially at the dashboard end where the plastic handle comes down. I have tried gently washing it with Auto Glym shampoo, but it does not appear to lift the dirt out. I am reluctant to scrub with a toothbrush as it is easy to take the colour out of black cloth. Has anyone else noticed this and found a product that can lift this burden off my shoulders. My eyes are forever drawn to this patch which looks slightly browny from dust or just rubbing of sleeve against it.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have also tried a weak solution of washing up liquid with very very gentle brushing but to no avail, and I am loathe to use a carpet foam to lift out dirt in case I do the cloth a mischief. Would feel a bit of a nit going to the garage, even asking on the forum. But will hide my red face for the sake of this fine car.
Thanks in anticipation :(

Steve_D
28-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Neat washing up liquid and a nail scrubbing brush. Job done.