PDA

View Full Version : Open windows!

johnski60
25-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,
Yesterday I parked my car and locked the doors as usual using the remote. When I returned some 2 hours later all of the windows were fully down but the doors were still locked. Nothing had been disturbed inside. How can this possibly happen? And yes, the windows were most definitely closed when I left the car. I was with a friend at the time who can verify all of this.
Cheers
Ian
1.4 TSI (122)

VolksGolf
25-04-2011, 06:03 PM
could the carkey remote unlock button have been unintentionally pressed for a while where by the windows come down and then after a while it auto locks all the doors without the need for the key.

Teflon
25-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Very probably what VolksGolf says.

I inadvertently dropped the windows on a brand new Audi while running with an armful of stuff in a rain storm. Two hours later, when I went back to the car the interior was soaked through. The key fob must have been pressed to my chest as I ran.

You can turn this function off on the options menu if you have the highline display. If not, get the dealer to do it or someone with VCDS.

johnski60
25-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks - you are both correct. I have just tried it. I had no idea that the key controlled the windows.

HHGTTG
26-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks - you are both correct. I have just tried it. I had no idea that the key controlled the windows.
Really??