PDA

View Full Version : a6 2.5 v6 quattro

malglynn
24-04-2011, 08:08 PM
hi all , i recently upgraded my a4 1.9 tdi for a a6 2.5 v6 quattro and am trying to figure out a small problem,
i am not sure wether the car is boosting right or not, i know the a6 is a heavy car and the quattro takes some power but my uncles a4 2.5 throws you back in the seat mine does not. i can hear the turbo whistling now and again and there is no black smoke at all even when you floor it , to be honest if you give a little throttle it seems to go better than if u give it full throttle.
i have checked the pipes going to wastegate and it seems to be sucking the wastegate open fully on idle, is that supposed to happen ?
i cant hear any ic pipes leaking so im not sure whats going on,
if you are doing like 50 in third then go up to 5th or 6 th gear it should pull but it doesnt.
if the maf was faulty wouldnt it be smoking ? i tried unplugging it and there is no difference to how it runs ? i plugged in vagcom and cleared all the faults and is now showing no faults after a 100 miles or so.
i am baffled lol, any ideas or help where to start would be very helpfull please.
thanks all malc.

Tidy Max
26-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi mate had a v.quick read of ur thread and mine (same engine but not quattro) has the boost cut out in 4th/5th gear at about 2000rpm, a brief internet search has shown a few results mentioning the diaphragm actuator in the turbo being faulty, when i look more in to it ill post back here and keep you updated, would u please do the same?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk