PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help please!!!

sijohnson
23-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi all! Someone help! I am currently halfway down France it's Easter tomorrow and something gone weird with my a6 1.8tquattro. It's been fine until I put some fuel in and since then it's lost loads of power and I can't seem tohear the turbo or feel the turbo spooling up properly. It there anything can check or do at a roadside motel with just a bag of tools?????

I've checked for splits and leaks loose pipes etc but everything is as it should be. I've put some hi octane fuel in but that's not done much. With the cruise on it seems to stumble and get lumpywhen going downhill, plus fuel economies gone poop too!!!

Arrrggghhhh!!

Any help appreciated lots and lots

a8 tech
23-04-2011, 09:14 PM
this may sound diy but disconnect the airmass and try it, this will default the ecu settings for fuel and air

if you can disconnect the fuel in pipe on the fuel rail then do so

turn ignition off gently crack the fuel pipe and cover with a cloth to stop excess fuel spraying out due the pressure

put the fuel pipe into a cup or glass and get some one to turn the ignition on

check the fuel for crap etc and smell

sijohnson
23-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Wow! I love how everyone helps dead quick! Brill!

Ok it's dark now so I shall try that first thing tomorrow. I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins but didn't seem to do much, didn't know if it would reset the ecu etc!

Thanks for ur help!