PDA

View Full Version : !!HELP!! MK3 Golf GTi 16v !!HELP!!

CraigDavid
08-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi

I have a MK3 Golf GTi 16v, I’ve had it for about 6 months. Within the last few weeks its started to chug/jerk at random times restricting the car from accelerating!!

I’ve done everything I can possibly think of, before without spending big money on parts I don’t even need!!

So far I’ve changed:-

Cambelt
Spark Plugs
Plug Leads
King Lead
Coil Pack
Distributor
Distributor Cap
Rotorarm
Coolant Sensor
Crank Sensor
Fuel Filter

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem?? Advice would be really really really appreciated!!

CraigDavid
08-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Also all compressions tested when engine is hot, 140psi on all four cylinders!! :D

Col
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Have you checked the;

fuel injection relay (the grey one up by the fusebox)

and

cleaned the throttle body / had it's alignment reset

and

looked for vacuum leaks

How old is it by the way ?

CraigDavid
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM

mo_schino24
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
damn, im having the same problem, just a few things i havent done as much as yours, im at the moment, having to get the 02 sensors changed, then the cat, as i believe that the catalyst is cloggd or jammed with oil or somthing due to misfiring before that i experienced and over loading the car with oil in tank.. if that doesnt work then im gona try the fuel injection relay the grey one.... see if that works to i think its about £25 from dealer..

my car is the same as yours 1997 vw golf gti 16v 2.0

chelski205
13-09-2007, 12:39 PM
i have been getting the same problem for about 4 months on and off. i have changed most of what you have but to no avail. also had it on computers but nothing. i am not very mechanically minded either. this problem can be there for a couple of weeks and then clear for quite a while. it is very intermittent and i dont know what to do next. i am going to check fuel relay as you have been told and see if that makes a difference. if you have any joy please let me know. cheers.

mo_schino24
14-09-2007, 01:00 PM
guys i have solved the problem, all these problems were related to my clutch slipping which caused the judder..so i guess that is probably it.. because i have changed many parts...

chelski205
16-09-2007, 12:05 PM
hi mo, im glad you have solved the problem. i have asked a couple of mechanics and they have said that my juddering and inability to go over 60mph without the car shaking can not be put down to clutch slipping. it feels like a vacuum leak or fueling problem when trying to accelerate. any more ideas from anyone would be appreciated.