PDA

View Full Version : Having a mare!

jedichi
21-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey all, i'm not a mechanic but am refusing to pay the massive amounts needed for proper mechanics, so when my A3 1.8T was leaking coolant i found it and changed the part myself. after then refilling the coolant found that there was a leaking pipe directly under the previous leak so i didnt spot it before, thought it was the previous leakage :Blush: anyways spoke to audi they will have the part by wed, no worries. gets home and finds my 1.9 tdi a4 is leaking a radioactive green liquid from the front drivers side, from what appears to be a large cylinder behind and below the headlamp, any idea what this is and what its leaking? I'm getting annoyed because, i ve now got an a3 with no coolant system and an a4 thats losing power (MAP sensor is on its way) and now its leaking fluids....... any help would be awesome:1zhelp:

hibbsy21
24-04-2011, 12:05 AM
The radioactive liquid sounds like coolant. Unless its the powersteering pump leaking. I think that it is on that side. I know that the belts at the bottom connect to the pump. So it might be worth lookin in to.

Hope this helps

Rich