PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Black or Ibis White?

matthewbob
21-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Two very different colours, worried about the white as it tends to be a very (in or out colour) Keeping the car for several years (A5 Sportback).

Like a bit of polish & wax sessions, thinking the white I may not get a brilliant shine I would get from the black.

Need to decide on Saturday morning, help......

SINGHY
22-04-2011, 08:54 AM
You're lucky to be in a position to choose, I'd go for black as white looks a bit too bling and even pimpish, but it doesn't change the fact that the A5 is a top motor. Good luck and let us know what you go for. Have you thought of ice silver because it doesn't show up dirt as quickly as black or white.

matthewbob
26-04-2011, 11:17 AM
You're lucky to be in a position to choose, I'd go for black as white looks a bit too bling and even pimpish, but it doesn't change the fact that the A5 is a top motor. Good luck and let us know what you go for. Have you thought of ice silver because it doesn't show up dirt as quickly as black or white.

The deed has been done!

IBIS white, the Mrs will be driving it most of the time and she's paying for it so didnt have a leg to stand on re the Phantom Black!

Managed to get the light pack out of them as well on the agreed price.

One strange thing, we also wanted the privacy glass to help the little one in the back but the salesman said not available on this model, went home and onto the Audi site which said it is an option. Emailed them this morn and apparently this is now an option on 2012 spec cars which this will be as delivery date Sept onwards.

Also as a 2012 car we have an extra spec, its the lights that illuminate the number plate at the rear of the car, they will be LED! Careful Audi

tlionhart
15-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I just read your other post, your car will be a MY2012 production. As your build week will be after June. (when the new model production year gets built.)
Th choice of colour, Ibis white is fantastic! I love the colour. A sporty, but fresh look. Its a colour that suits most audis. (except the A1) There's a saying 'bold colours make bold statements' :D

I just ordered an A5 and I have gone for white again.

How do you know that about the 2012 car? I presume they are going to be LED like the BMW's number plate lights? I have LED number plate lights on my A3 and it definitely suits a white car. As for the rear and front light changes. (as seen on spyshots) I think this is for cars produced next year. As a model year car, its only going to be slight cosmetic changes. I prefer the A5's front LED lights as they are now, to the new style you see on the A6 or A7.
Hopefully the new MAY brochure will be out soon and this will have the changes in it.