PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye A4 hello A5?

matthewbob
18-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Well after 12 months of hating my A4 SE 2.0TDI after coming from a Golf Edition 30 I think a change will be in order, damn the dealers lending me an S line A5!!

Anyway subject to the Mrs trying the car on Saturday I think its going to be a done deal......hopefully.

Going for an IBIS White A5 Sportback S Line 180BHP Petrol. (Got kids) just a few extras, B&O Speakers and DAB radio, heated front seats & Tyre pressure monitor.

Long wait though Sept/Oct 11! but im in no rush and have agreed "a deal price on mine"

The hire car on Saturday was a 173 TDI Sline version which felt really planted and not too hard a ride some have mentioned, but coming from the Golf im used to a hard ride. Unable to try a petrol one but hopefully will be roughly the same sort ride/feel. Getting excited already!:D

tlionhart
15-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Congratulations on your order! I just ordered my car last week. I have been giving exactly the same lead time as you. Im told build week 35, should be with me by mid-spet / early oct. Now the wait begins! Gone for the same engine as you. (1.8) being the alternative. I thought it would be worth stretching the budget just that little bit more to get into a more powerful engine that is also more fuel efficient.

I decided not to go over the top with spec'ing this thing up, nobody cares. Learnt that from experience with my A3. Looks like you have a nice spec there and in white. Wise choice in colours! This will be my second ibis white car!

Im in no rush either although I'am very excited about having it! I may be selling my car privately. However working on the audi trade in, is good enough.

As for the ride, I have gone for a black edition coupe. So not too sure what the sportback is like. I didn't like the coupe sport. The ride was too soft and the steering was like a machine at the gym. I like the sporty, aggressive feel of the S-line. Took a 211bhp cabriolet out. Much better. Glad I put servotronic steering on this thing! Either way, I really am excited to be getting the car! The countdown begins! :D