PDA

View Full Version : Rear washer

macmillions
17-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Now I'm not sure if I'm being a bit dense here, but since buying our Octavia, the rear washer has never worked. But the car was MOT'd at the garage before I picked it up, so my assumption is it doesn't have one...

But there seems to be a function on the wiper stalk (pushing it away from you two notches) where the rear wiper pauses to come on for a couple of seconds, then comes on continuously for a few wipes. So I'm assuming there should be a rear wash?

Excuse my ignorance, only as I couldn't see a washer nozzle, I assumed it doesn't have a rear windscreen wash function?

It's a 2007 vRS hatchback by the way. :Blush:

Guest 2
17-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Sometimes the washer jet is built into the spindle thing. It is on my Xsara.

macmillions
17-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Ah right. May have to have a check.
There isn't a seperate reservoir or something for the rear washer is there?

Guest 2
17-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Not sure about the separate washer, I know on my Xsara it shares the same bottle with the front washers.

They can be easily blocked, maybe it's just lack of French build quality but mine doesn't spray very far up the screen lol.

Edit - just done a google search and read that it's a common problem that the pipe can become disconnected and apparently on the hatchback it's a real pain getting the trim off and on again!

macmillions
17-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Nuts...
Might leave it then haha. Cant say I ever use it on any of my cars because I wash them just about every week so my windows are spotless! :biglaugh:

Thanks for that though.

BigApple
16-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Now I'm not sure if I'm being a bit dense here, but since buying our Octavia, the rear washer has never worked. :Blush:

Same problem on my wifes 56 plate estate, washer buzzed but nothing came out! Washer fluid level drops in the tank but nothing, not on the screen or on the drive:zx11: One day we got a flat:1zhelp: What did we find in the spare wheel well:confused: You guessed it 8" of screen wash and a VERY clean spare wheel:o

Was fixed under warranty so I cannot comment on where the leak was or how easy it was to fix. Sorry.