PDA

View Full Version : gettin a run in an rs4

stubbsy
07-07-2007, 12:47 AM
im gettin a run in a mates rs4 estate tomorrow:D hes gonna let me take the wheel,wot can i expect;) me only got a 2.5 tdi a4:( he tellin me all about this sport button which changes valves and closes flaps on exhuast pipes etc canny wait.hes put some sort of performance back boxes on it,MY GOD IT SOUNDS LIKE A 355 FERRARI.

martinjdw
07-07-2007, 08:01 AM
They're pretty mental, I test drove one before I bought my S4, I ride a motorbike and it's the closest performance to that, in a car, that I've ever experienced.

They don't quite slow down as fast as a bike though, so I'd watch your braking distances ;) It's caught me out a couple of times in my S4 where I accelerate past something and look down and I'm nearly in triple figures after only a few seconds when I look down at the speedo (quickly ;) ), then it's time to brake for a bend :aargh4:.

stubbsy
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
O MY GOD,ive NEVER been in anything like it,yes the power, but jesus the handling,ive never experienced anything like it:D :D o the BARK out if it was unreal,well all i can say is you no where you can stick your m3,impreza,evo ect:D :D the ONLY bad points i have wif it are, me being quite short,5,5 :mad: had a really hard time gettin out of the beast,yeh the seats are the dogs,but a big effort had to be made to actually climb out:mad: just as well its leather,the cloth wouldnt last too long,apart from the 18 odd mpg which may i add i could live with ,my old 325 wasnt a kick in the **** of that,o and the 50 grand price tag:1zhelp: :1zhelp: a well, maybe someday:(