PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Fan Vents?

Drifty
15-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe an odd one....:confused:

If I close all four of the dashboard vents and put the fan on auto (either low or high setting) - i get a noisy rustle type sound from the closed vents (it sounds like it's toward the passenger side). If I open one of the vents (any of them) this sound stops.

My first instinct was that someone may be caught inside but with it being new (and I've also looked I can't see anything) - I wonder if it's just the way it is.

Does anyone else have any conditions where they have noisy vents when they are closed?

Gregmeister
18-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Maybe an odd one....:confused:

If I close all four of the dashboard vents and put the fan on auto (either low or high setting) - i get a noisy rustle type sound from the closed vents (it sounds like it's toward the passenger side). If I open one of the vents (any of them) this sound stops.

My first instinct was that someone may be caught inside but with it being new (and I've also looked I can't see anything) - I wonder if it's just the way it is.

Does anyone else have any conditions where they have noisy vents when they are closed?

Gave this a go earlier and no unusual noises from my car vents :)

Drifty
18-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Hmmm - I'm sure there is something inside flapping.

Cheers for checking for me. I'll do some more digging... or poking with a stick ;)