PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 TDI clutch strength for remapping

dod1e
14-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering how strong the clutches on these 3.0TDI engines are for coping with a remap?

I ask as i used to have 2.0TDI 140 which i remapped, resulting in immediate clutch slip. This seems quite common with these models.

Obviously the clutches on the 3.0 tdi will be much stronger, but how reliable are they folowing a remap, especially with the 240bhp model which generates a huge amount of torque following a remap.

I'm not a fan of auto boxes by the way, so it would be a manual that i get.

Thanks in advance

Dod

FlashRemapping
14-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi
We have remapped quite a few of these and had no problems with clutch slip but thats not to say that a remap wouldn t highlight a weak clutch if thats what the car has, and yes after a remap theres a whole bunch of extra torque
We can give this vehicle an extar 50 Bhp 110Nm of torque

regards
Dave
www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk)

trophs
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Mine slips unless you drive it like a petrol. It's the 204bhp model with Angel Tuning remap. Maybe the clutch was on the way out anyway. Looking for a solid clutch to replace.

dod1e
13-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for that, I had exactly that problem with my 2.0, and it did it for about 60k miles so not exactky on its last legs at first.

Just wondering how common this problem is or if we are in the unlucky minority, I wouldnt expect a profesional tuner to tell me anything else.