PDA

View Full Version : Any MS Access Gurus on here??

fat controller
13-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I need to build a database within Access, but am still very much learning the full capabilities of Access, and how to use them.

Is there anyone here that is good with Access that would be willing to guide me through a couple of stages?

stonedagain
28-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Search on some of the torrent sites, loads of tutorials around, cd & pdf.

d4n93rm0u53
29-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve, struggling with anything in particular?

fat controller
29-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Have managed to get on quite well since posting originally - basically, I have a fleet of vehicles (approx 150), all of which have four items of equipment fitted to them; there is only one supplier (not likely to change) and in the main once put onto a vehicle the items stay there for a considerable time - however, some do go faulty and are replaced by stock machines; these are then either repaired on site and remain in spare stock, or are replaced and taken back by the supplier for refurb (over the course of years they can make their way back to us again).

Until now, we have kept a record of what is fitted to each vehicle on a spreadsheet, the problem being that whenever a serial number next to a vehicle is changed, the serial number that was on the vehicle disappears into the ether and we have no record of where it went or even if we have it anymore.

I have managed to use a lending library template from Microsoft's site, and then bent it to fit - and so far it seems to work quite well.

The only issue I have is with the lending history sub-form, which is supposed to show what items have been on a vehicle in the past, however it shows nothing.

If anyone can advise with that, I would be very grateful :)

fat controller
30-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Right, I am at the last hurdle - all I need to do is work out how to apply a filter to a sub-form. Anyone know how to do this?

Paul Barls
19-06-2011, 07:59 PM
This is very dificult to explain, but see if this along with watch a video on google (search for a video). Open database. Open the form. From home tab - select view - design view. Then just under the form title in the tab, click the little square to select the form (square goes black). Then open the properties sheet. On this sheet select the data tab. Then select the forth option down (filter) this is where you write your filter. Whilst your in the space next to filter - press F1 to open the help menu for this field and it might help a bit. Sorry i cant help anymore but access is a very poorly explained program at the best of times. Although when youve mastered it (5-7 years, lol) its awesome !.

kennyh
24-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Have a look at http://apex.oracle.com
for an alternative; and free.

Excellent online forum and training resources available, brilliant graphics, reporting etc. And a lot of the time you can build an app with zero coding. Nice.