PDA

View Full Version : Coupe ABC V6 rad swap

fourringsrus
13-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi all ,just going round the latest aquisition, '95 Coupe , 2.6 v6 ABC manual 5 speed , front drive and found the main radiator is damaged due a small bump which seems to have shoved the oil cooler rad backwards into the main rad thus breaking the n/s end portion away from the centre core.
I have located and collected a replacement item from a reliable Audi dismantler.
Do any of you boys know whether I will be able to remove the dead rad without totally removing the other parts ( oil cooler etc )
The front bumper is already removed from the car for some repair and refit, so the front end is looking quite exposed.
So is it going to be one out or all out, hopefully Saturday morning will give me some decent weather.
Many thanks

Stuart

:beerchug:

cookie7354
13-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Stuart you can take out the rad with the oil cooler still fitted. i done mine last year and it took around 2 hours to take out the knackerd one and replace with the new one.

Only pain was that i had to drill out the rivets that hold the top clamps that hold the rad to the top frame of the front panel and replace the rivets, apart from that mate it was straight forward. Had to take off all the front plastic covering the drive belts etc

fourringsrus
15-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Cookie was your vehicle a v6, I have not looked that closely yet but hoped to remove the rad without disturbing anything else as most of it is bent

cookie7354
15-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello mate, yes it was a ABC V6 on a 94 plate cabby, like i mentioned before all i had to do was take off the plastic surrounding the drive belt apart from that it was straight forward.

good luck

fourringsrus
17-04-2011, 09:55 PM
All done cookie, and a success, thanks for the pointers

Stuart