PDA

View Full Version : Corrado 16v wont run....

dj_adam
13-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi all, i've recently rebuilt a 1996 9A 16v which needed a new head gasket and has had the head re-built while it was off. The problem i'm having is that it will only run for about 2 seconds and then cuts off. All 4 cylinders are firing and when it is running it sounds fine. I presuming its an sensor somewhere causing the ECU to stall the engine, however, I didn't strip the engine down so I can only make educated guesses as to where all the wiring goes. I'm thinking its one of the sensors on the side of the head next to the water flange (below the dizzy). I have only two sensors and as many as four slots. I was under the impression there should be 3 sensors and 1 blank - is this correct? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

scotty33
13-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi

I'm not too sure on the sensors sorry, just wondering if you have the right engine code? thought they were all ABF at that age?
I would have thought that a sensor failure would cause it to not start at all? Running for 2 secs then stopping sounds a lot like an immobiliser issue
A fault code read should point you in the right direction.
If it is a 9A Vag com may struggle to communicate unless the baud rate is lowered to 4800bps