PDA

View Full Version : How badly do Vw's leak?

Flash2
03-07-2007, 12:16 AM
The Eos looks the part, but leaks like a sieve.

Jim.

colb666
03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
The Eos looks the part, but leaks like a sieve.

Jim.

My wifes doesn't and it's a far better specced car and also a better car to drive than the 2005 A4 s-line cabriolet it replaced.

I know owners had issues with some earlier models but later ones which arrived from the spring of this year have revised roof seals.

Flash2
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Roof seals? Every single model in the VW range suffers from water leaks and it has nothing to do with roof seals.

Jim.

colb666
03-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Roof seals? Every single model in the VW range suffers from water leaks and it has nothing to do with roof seals.

Jim.

I must be really lucky with my families cars? 2005 Passat estate,2007 Eos,2005 Polo,2004 Bora and a 2003 Bora and no leaks with any of them.

RickT
03-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Jim.

a little off topic.. but i disagree... not every single VW model has an issue with water leaks..

RickT

Eshrules
04-07-2007, 08:25 AM
a little off topic.. but i disagree... not every single VW model has an issue with water leaks..

RickT

id agree completley, if every single car had a leak from new, i doubt VW would ever sell any cars.... a few bad apples and all that....its all relative ;) mine's had a knackered turbo and several other things aside, does that mean every single golf mk4 is going to have the same faults?:Blush2:

Flash2
04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
a little off topic.. but i disagree... not every single VW model has an issue with water leaks.

Your may be right. I've never come across a Phaeton with a leak....YET! Mind you, I've never come across a Phaeton that didn't leak either.
And I'll take Touareg off the list too. I've come across two Touaregs with leaks, but it was down to the aircon so not a real water leak. I guess VWs quality control is a little better when they are asking between £30,000 - £70,000 for a car.

And Carl, I never said every car they made had a leak. I said every model has problems with leaks...except perhaps the Phaeton & Touareg.

On the new models (MK5 Golf, B6 Passat, etc) the leaks seem to be mainly down to body seams not being sealed properly unlike the older models were it was the seals under the bits that were stuck onto the body that perished and leaked.

When I first went to work in a VW garage, I was shocked at the number of cars that came in for water leaks. During the winter months we have that many cars stripped to dry out that we have to label the seats and carpets so we know what interior goes with what car.

Sorry guys but VWs leak...FACT!

RickT
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
im not getting into this as its off topic from the thread... but i disagree there... not EVERY model leaks....

if you want to discuss this further please create a new thread.

RickT

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Your may be right. I've never come across a Phaeton with a leak....YET! Mind you, I've never come across a Phaeton that didn't leak either.
And I'll take Touareg off the list too. I've come across two Touaregs with leaks, but it was down to the aircon so not a real water leak. I guess VWs quality control is a little better when they are asking between £30,000 - £70,000 for a car.

And Carl, I never said every car they made had a leak. I said every model has problems with leaks...except perhaps the Phaeton & Touareg.

On the new models (MK5 Golf, B6 Passat, etc) the leaks seem to be mainly down to body seams not being sealed properly unlike the older models were it was the seals under the bits that were stuck onto the body that perished and leaked.

When I first went to work in a VW garage, I was shocked at the number of cars that came in for water leaks. During the winter months we have that many cars stripped to dry out that we have to label the seats and carpets so we know what interior goes with what car.

Sorry guys but VWs leak...FACT!

as you insist on taking the thread these posts were in, off topic, i have created a new thread ;)

I've never come across a Phaeton with a leak....YET! Mind you, I've never come across a Phaeton that didn't leak either.

you've just contradicted yourself ;)

if VWs were really that poorly made and really did leak that badly, explain why my golf has not leaked a single time. explain why my brothers golf, despite it being made in 1989, didnt leak. im sure there are various other examples, such as the next door neighbor with a tourag (spelling?) who has not reported a single fault with such an apparently 'fault ridden' car.

the Eos, is a fairly new car, its a cab and as such, of course there were going to be issues, i would expect no less, the key is that mistakes are learnt from, a lesson we could all do well to take note of ;)