PDA

View Full Version : Which extras on new Sport?

reddb990
09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I am about to order a 1.6 tdi Sport and I am considering the following extra's:

Colour display
Heated windscreen
Bi-Xenons

This is a company car which spends its life outside (garage too full of stuff!) and I do a lot of night time driving.

Your thoughts?

walker77
09-04-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm speccing up a company car aswell so though I'd share my thoughts.

I will probably go for the 2.0 Tdi Sport with:

Heated Windscreen (apparently this has to have the heated seats option with it aswell - not sure if it is just front or outer rear aswell - but this may affect the lease costs for you if you do take this option) Slightly annoying as I wouldnt have chosen the heated seats.

Parking Sensors (used to these on recent cars and due to the size of the passat i thought these were necessary)

Metallic or Pearl paint (Island Grey or Deep Black)

Bi Xenons (experienced these on a borrowed A4 recently and helped on the roads around here in poor driving conditions/night driving)

Keyless Entry (got used to the starter button on my 3 series - so was interested in this anyway - then heard it had the "wave your foot under the rear of the car and the boot opens" thing and it went on my list of definites!)

I havent looked into the colour display, as the options above were getting me to the top of my lease allowance.

So I'd agree with two out of three of your choices, but don't really know what the colour display would offer (other than the obvious) over the standard display.

Hope these comments help.

johnloaderuk
09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
How about adding the 'High Beam Assist' option - only £105. The rear view camera is £290, or the ambient light pack at £130.
Although there are many other options these seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like the 12 way electric memory seats, but at £710 it's far cheaper to move them manually.

reddb990
09-04-2011, 09:59 PM
high beam assist and keyless entry sound good. I think the ambient lighting is only available with wood trim?

I also considered the Dynaudio pack but it only available with a radio upgrade so too pricey.

The biggest factor is cost as I should only be going for an SE.........

yuppyflyer
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I just ordered mine (2.0TDI 140 Man) with a whole rake of options; 510 sat nav, parking sensors, xenons, colour display, rear camera (required with 510!), leather, and it was still cheaper than the A4 lease.

Just a word of warning, choosing options could make your delivery time looooooong!

Mine is estimated at around 20+ weeks

chrispattinson
14-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I ordered a Tornado Red Estate Sport, with Park assist (incl extra sensors), tow bar, rear window blinds, full panoramic roof ..... hope I dont regret not upgrading the 315 unit to 510 satnav.

yuppyflyer
14-04-2011, 01:15 PM
if you had gone for the 510 Nav you would also have had to specify the rear camera too which is further cost (as I found out)

what lead time have you been quoted?

chrispattinson
14-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I ordered 1st March, got quoted delivery date of 6 June, but got a letter yesterday to say this has been brought fwd to 6th May.

Mind, this comes after ordering a CC in July 2010, delivery date of Nov 2010, which was put back continually until when in April 2011, they put it back to July 2011 (a whole year since order), and I cancelled and changed my order to a Passat estate, the one I will be gettnig in a couple of weeks.

I have been in a VW provided courtesy car since December though, so cant complain too much.

reddb990
05-05-2011, 12:38 PM
New Mondeo 1.6 tdci s/s Titanium X ordered for delivery in late June.

The new Passat was simpy not different enough for me even after 4 good years with my current Sport.

I hope the Mondeo fits the bill...............

walker77
05-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Although it's not an extra, I thought I'd ask the question on this thread.......

Silversprint cloth on the Sport spec, does anyone know if this is a suede type material (like alcantara) or is it a standard type cloth?

reddb990
06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
standard cloth