PDA

View Full Version : A6 "Launch"

Guest 2
09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Today I was up at Audi to see the new A6 in action. I received an email from them saying that an open day would be happening today.

Well I went up and immediately seen the A6 in its place in the showroom. The showroom model was a 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line in Daytona Grey (Looks like a browny-grey colour, and sorry no pics!) It was fully loaded with the MMI touch, electric seats, DVD player, WIFI connectivity (so I was told) and a host with other things.

I was then invited to test drive this:
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/iPhone%20Uploads/4522c9be.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/iPhone%20Uploads/188593a0.jpg

A brand new 3.0TFSI SE(?) with 300 miles (I was told in the spec that was on this car the price was well in excess of £65,000!!!)

I previously looked at pictures of the C7 on the internet and wasnt that keen on the design of the car but its totally different in the flesh. I went for a quick and careful test drive and its the most comfortable car ive ever drove even with 20" rims.

The power delivery through the S-Tronic box is smooth and refined. Even though I didnt give the car full throttle, there was still plenty of power in the newly built engine.

The car also had the £6,000 Bang & Olufsen sound system with the rising speakers coming out of the dashboard. The car also had the "Exclusive" Leather and full LED headlamps.

The car also had the self-parking option (Park Assist) which I also tested, once in a parking space and a paralell park. Totally mind boggling, all you have to control is the speed at which the car parks itself. The speed limit option and the Head Up Display was also specced in the demo car.

I will definitely be asking for another test drive when the car is officially launched with a possibility of an extended test drive.

When I was leaving the showroom, I was given this:
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/iPhone%20Uploads/b6a2e0ce.jpg

A simple 2GB usb drive with an electronic version of the Price List/Brochure on it.

If anyone wants a copy of the price list then I will happily send :)

Chris

kodkod.84
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I so can't wait for the Avant to be released- I also wonder how many people will opt for the B&O at £6k!

Guest 2
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Im sure many people wont be speccing that option! It did sound good though. I prefer a saloon over an estate but if the Avant looks as well as the saloon then my mind may be changed!

mistry
11-04-2011, 06:29 PM
It looks stunning in black, Has anyone been given a delivery date yet?

Guest 2
11-04-2011, 06:56 PM
It's the wife's birthday next month so I was thinking of ordering the car and then putting the order sheet in an envelope and then say "Happy birthday dear!!"

She would go through the roof!!

A4 Lad
11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
It's the wife's birthday next month so I was thinking of ordering the car and then putting the order sheet in an envelope and then say "Happy birthday dear!!"

She would go through the roof!!

Post a picture Chris lol

ruggedscot
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Went in to get the missing ashtray for my car and there is was a new A6 in the show room. Lovely and it was priced at 47k. the inside was totally different much better looking and seemed like a logical progression of the previous A6. Still not to taken with the display coming out of the dash. but the dash is typical audi excellence. Like the way that the LCD panel between the tach and speedo is more integrated and the whole environment seems to be intuitive and user friendly.
Ive not had a test drive yet but will sometime soon get out on the road in one and see what it is like.

It was a 3.0 quattro saloon. Very in keeping with the old A6 in looks. Quite the car.

mistry
14-04-2011, 06:06 PM
has anyway been given a release date?