PDA

View Full Version : Question Has anyone else noticed this?

hibbsy21
07-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I was at work earlier and i was stood outside (not doing much work really) and i came across a rather strange sticker. Its on the driver side at the bottom of the pillar. And here it is.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee496/a4_nut/DSCN1297.jpg

Are my eyes seeing correctly, it says that the air bags need to be replaced the july. Has anyone else seen this? Or even have this on their car?

I was slightly bewildered to be honest. I bet i've got all of you who havent noticed it running out to your cars to see it lol

Crasher
07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Yes that is quite normal, it is also in your service book.

hibbsy21
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I thought i was the only one! I cant believe i hadnt noticed it earlier. I must have got in and out of the car a few thousand times and cleaned it a few more and never took in what it actually said, i thought it was the paint code. Speaking of which, where is that?

So do they really need doing then? Obviously as a safety feature i dont want to leave it too long either.

Crasher
08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
The paint code is on the computer printed sticker on the boot floor and the inside front cover of the service book.

The air bags are supposed to be replaced but I have yet to have anyone follow the recommendation.