PDA

View Full Version : Bora leaking. Unable to find location HELP

redtony
06-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi all

Got a leak at the back left side passenger foot well. When it rains there is no water coming from the back left hand door to make the floor wet.

Anyone know if this is a common fault, or maybe where it is coming from?

It is wet on the floor on left hand side at the BACK seats.

cheers for help anyone.

Sam
06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Could be running from the front to the back - check drainage holes and if you have a sunroof, maybe clear those drains too.

redtony
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
cheers, have no sunroof. Are there any guides with pictures to where abouts these are.

Not sure if it really is coming from the front as the water is only on the rear passenger footwell floor.

Sam
06-07-2007, 11:18 AM
In everything that follows, I'm assuming the Bora is a baby Passat rather than the big Golf it really is!

I wrote a guide on another forum - it compiles all the useful links.

Does your Passat leak? (http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230249) (this links to an external website which is unrelated in any way to www.vwaudiforum.co.uk (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk%29/))

Obviously most wont apply but it gives you an idea of where to start. Pollen filter housing is a common problem across the range.

I also recall seeing something about a Golf with a leaky window seal on here but I can't find the post :(

redtony
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
nice one for that link.

if i find the link i'll post up what the problem WAS so others can give it a go.

cheers

Paul Jay
06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Have a look under the boot carpet. If any of the rear light cluster seals, bootlid seal or the boot vent seals (behind the bumper) have perished or moved, you'll get water ingress. It the runs down the boot floor under the back seat and into the footwells, especially if the car is parked at an angle to allow this to happen.

Well it did on my Bora anyway and it doesn't leak any more!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

Sam
06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Ah yes, good call that man ^

redtony
14-07-2007, 12:37 PM
hi paul jay, there was a little water under the boot carpet yes and the car sits on my street on a angle ( angle being with front facing down road with boot **** high )

would this cause leaking, will TRY and find these PLUGS you peeps are going on about.

Paul Jay
14-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi redtony

It may be one of the rear light clusters which has a leak, the bootlid seal (quite common) or the boot vents. These are located behind the bumper at each side of the car, but you'll only be able to see them if you remove the bumper.

Try parking the car facing the other way too, this might have the opposite effect!

You might be able to trace the leak by removing the boot carpet, dusting the boot floor with talc and then applying a hose, or just wait for it to rain - it won't be long!

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers

Paul