PDA

View Full Version : Re sticky above about key fob reprogramming

Lis
06-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know how to reprogramme a Renault Clio key fob?

Mine doesn't work anymore even though i've tried 2 new batteries in it! Says in my manual to take it to a Renault dealership but is there another way round it?

Col
06-07-2007, 10:21 AM
No idea.

Wouldn't a Renault forum provide an answer better than here ?

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 10:28 AM
usually alarm fobs just need resyncing, the method differs, but try a google on renault clio alarm fob resync, you're bound to come up with something.

typical example is golfs for example, you can either use vagcom(easy) or do it manually with 2 keys, one in the ignition and the one your pairing to lock the car manually (etc etc).

vauxhall vectra, is a simple matter of turning on the ignition, locking with the remote, unlock and its synced....

each car differs im afraid :Blush2:

Sam
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Renault! Wash your mouth out!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248494

Here's a break down of the cost with part numbers:

RF Plip Key Part No. R77 00 438 342 £41.98
Key blade R77 01 039 957 £7.70

Vat £8.68

Parts total £58.27

Coding was £31.96 Inc VAT

Lis
06-07-2007, 10:32 AM
No idea.

Wouldn't a Renault forum provide an answer better than here ?

It probably would do but i just saw the sticky at the top of the page and thought someone may know about Clios too is that so bad?!

Lis
06-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Renault! Wash your mouth out!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248494

Thanks.

But :p yes i have a Renault Clio but i came on this forum as my OH has a Golf and i'm thinking of purchasing either a Golf or an Audi A3 as my next car, my Clio is my inbetween car!

Lis
06-07-2007, 10:37 AM
usually alarm fobs just need resyncing, the method differs, but try a google on renault clio alarm fob resync, you're bound to come up with something.

typical example is golfs for example, you can either use vagcom(easy) or do it manually with 2 keys, one in the ignition and the one your pairing to lock the car manually (etc etc).

vauxhall vectra, is a simple matter of turning on the ignition, locking with the remote, unlock and its synced....

each car differs im afraid :Blush2:

Thanks for that :o will have to read up on it a bit more, onlhy thought of it last night when a friend mentioned they'd reprogrammed their Peugeot keys themselves!

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that :o will have to read up on it a bit more, onlhy thought of it last night when a friend mentioned they'd reprogrammed their Peugeot keys themselves!#

aaaah... now are you referring to the alarm FOB or the key? key coding is a whole different kettle of fish to remote coding ....:Blush:

Lis
06-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Well my car doesn't have an alarm, and basically the remote central locking button on the key is what doesn't work, to lock all 4 doors and the boot at the moment i have to use the lock button inside the car and then physically lock the drivers door with the key.

Have tried 2 new batteries in both my normal key and the spare key but didn't make any difference!

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Well my car doesn't have an alarm, and basically the remote central locking button on the key is what doesn't work, to lock all 4 doors and the boot at the moment i have to use the lock button inside the car and then physically lock the drivers door with the key.

Have tried 2 new batteries in both my normal key and the spare key but didn't make any difference!

aaah... ok , well it should just be a simple matter of resyncing the fob, ill do a bit of digging for you and post back if i find anything ;)

if it was a VAG car i could tell you exactly how to do it....:beerchug:

Sam
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
I had a similar problem with a 306 <spit>

In the door jambs are rubberlike flexihose things - that's the official workshop manual term don't you know - within these rubber things runs the wiring.

My wiring had split (over time) so no amount of battery changing did anything. Once I got the wiring sorted, all was well again

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I had a similar problem with a 306 <spit>

In the door jambs are rubberlike flexihose things - that's the official workshop manual term don't you know - within these rubber things runs the wiring.

My wiring had split (over time) so no amount of battery changing did anything. Once I got the wiring sorted, all was well again

good idea actually ;) sometimes you dont think of even the most obvious things .... nice suggestion sam :)

Lis
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Hm didn't think of that. Just presumed first we'd bought a dud battery but then the second battery didn't work either! Is sorting the wiring out expensive?

Sam
06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
How long is a piece of string!

If you have a multimeter you can have a go at working out what's wrong. I took my car in to have some stuff sorted and it came back all done, it cost something like £300 for a new key, a reprog and the wiring sorted.

This was a very long time ago, before I decided to do things myself.

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
the best bet would be to have a look-see , see if theres any obvious damage, such as baring or wearing of wires.....

was the central locking working perfectly and without fault before? and what made you think it was the battery straight away? :Blush: